5+ Apa Research Proposal Templates – PDF, Word
The APA Style was developed by a team of social scientists that aimed to establish academic writing standards. The APA style is popular in the fields of Social Sciences but it can also be used in the student research proposal.
In every research proposal it is advised to use a specific style of writing and structure and in today’s article we are going to cover all the aspects of the APA research template and how to write a proposal.
APA Research Proposal
Model APA Research Proposal
APA Research Proposal Outline
Differences between APA research report and APA research proposal
The differences are found in the structure of these research documents. In an APA research report the researcher must include the title, an abstract, an introduction, the method, the results, the discussion and the references. However in a research proposal, the sections of the results and the discussion are replaced by a section of expected results. This section is used as an estimation of what the results of the research will be, offering an insight of what is expected by the proposal. Additionally, the research proposal is written in a future tense since it is referring to research actions that will take place in the future. You may also see APA Format examples.
Steps of writing an APA Research Proposal
In order to write an APA research proposal, it is necessary to follow a set of steps.
1. Selection of a research problem. The problem must be chosen based on interest and it can be an extension of a previous research.
2. Literature Review. Reviewing the available literature can offer an insight on what has already been said regarding the chosen problem, and can also lead to the design of hypothesis. You may also see paper research outline examples.
3. Design of the study and actions that the researcher will take to complete it. You can also take a look at Action Research Proposal.
4. Writing of the proposal.
APA Style Checklist Research Proposal
Quantitative Research Proposal Sample
APA-Style Research Report
How to write an APA Research Proposal
We saw the structure of the research proposal above so now let’s see how to write it.
- Start with an abstract that will summarize the entire research proposal.
- Explain in detail the problem you chose to research and present the effects it will have on the scientific community.
- Make a list of all the research questions and the hypothesis that arise from those questions. You can also check for outline research proposal.
- Write the theoretical background of the research with adequate literature review.
- Choose carefully the research method you will follow and state it clearly and in detail in your proposal.
Tips to write Effective APA Research Proposal
Here are a few tips to help you write an effective research proposal in APA style:
- Conduct an extended literature review in order to cover all aspects of the research problem.
- Use formal writing in order to give a professional and academic look.
- In an academic proposal outline you need to use at least 10 references in order to add academic credibility to your work.
- Review your document for spelling and grammar, because errors will be considered as a fault.
- Don’t forget to state the significance of the study in order to show how it will add to the scientific knowledge.