Incident reports are legal documents that are used to document, assess, analyze and report factual circumstances that surround an accident or any type of incident. The contents of the report are crucial on the concerned security agencies’ end. That is why the contents of the report must be purely objective and neutral in order to preserve the circumstances that lead up to the incident.In line with this, we have here incident report format templates that you may refer to and learn from. You may use them to know how they are structured and formulated. To add, there are also key information and ideas that we’ve provided to make you more knowledgeable in dealing with them.
Incident Report Template
Construction Incident Report Template
IT Incident Report Template
Workplace Incident Report Template
Behaviour Incident Report Template
Free Incident Report Template
Security Incident Report Format
Security Guard Incident
Information Security Report
Information Security Form
Employee Incident Report Format
Restaurant Employee Report
Employee Behavior Report
Employee Discipline Report
What Should Be Included in an Incident Report?
In writing your incident report, you need to include all essential information about the incident or accident. Here are some of the essential inclusions of an incident report.
- Factual Context – The core value of an incident report is the factual circumstances that it conveys. After an incident, concerned security and medical agents, investigate and examine the premises where the incident happened. You have to include the date, time, and defined location of the incident, the names of the witnesses, the environmental conditions, and other events that led to the incident.
- Regulations or Rules That Apply – In any incident, there are rules, laws or procedures that are either deliberately violated or negligently ignored. Sometimes, there are instances that are brought about by forces beyond the control of individuals such as natural disasters.
- The Identity or Description of the Persons or Properties Involved – In a blank incident report, you may notice that are specific sections provided for the background and personal details of the persons involved in the incident. As per damaged properties, the condition of the property before and after the incident must also be recorded.
- Damages or Injuries Incurred – The damages must be substantiated. In cases of injuries, you have to know the type of injuries and the possible causes for such.
Safety Incident Report
Health and Safety Report
Patient Safety Incident Format
Food Safety Report
Incident Management Report
Information Security Management
Business Incident Report
Free Business Incident
Construction Incident Report
Construction Site Report
All You Need to Know About Incident Report Format Templates
Incident reports form part of the standard reporting procedure in most business, governmental, and other organizational purposes. For government security and disaster preparedness and management agencies, incident reports are usually used as part of their documentation process. In line with this, you can check out our list of report templates here. To add, there are also added ideas on how you may use them.
- Construction Incident Reports – This report provides you with the essential information that surrounds a particular incident that occurred in the implementation of a construction project.
- Security Incident Report Format – When it comes to reports about security matters, you have to specify what particular pillar of security you’re focusing on. Security covers a wide array of issues such as health, information technology, security from hazards, and many more.
- Employee Incident Report Format – Companies must establish clear cut guidelines on how employees will report security concerns such as work-related accidents or other medical accidents. For human resource officers, you may use this format in providing a detailed account of an incident or accident that occurred within the working premises and within the working hours.
- Food Safety Report Format – After a food inspection is conducted, a food safety report is issued by a technical personnel who is authorized to conduct inspections. Furthermore, you can also used them to document food- related accidents especially on the part investigating officers.
- Equipment Incident Report Format – Incident reports are not used to record incidents that concern individuals but also deals will personal or real properties. The key components of this template are the type of incident, details of the persons involved, details of the incident, property and equipment damage details, immediate action taken to reduce risks and basic details of the one writing and submitting the report.
Equipment Incident Report
Medical Equipment Report
Equipment Damage Report
Hospital Incident Report
Hospital Patient Report
Campus Security Report
Medical Incident Report
Medical Device Report
Medical Assistant Report
The Basics of Incident Report Writing
Knowing how to write an incident report is imperative. Writing one does not only concern security agents and inspectors. In your own personal capacity, you can reap benefits if you know how the incident report works. It can come in handy for students, employees, and business managers.
- Research and observe incident reporting protocols and standards. Each institution has their own incident reporting mechanisms and standards procedures at place. You cannot just make a format out of your personal whim. Protocols are established in order to instill consistency, efficiency, and quality.
- Write a timely report. Time is of essence in writing an incident report. You must be prompt in documenting one in order not to contaminate evidences especially if you still need to get testimonies from witnesses. As a genera rule, the report must be written within 24 hours after the occurrence of the incident.
- Indicate the facts and the circumstances of the event. Describing the sequence of events that took place in an incident requires skill and good attention to detail.
- Analyze your report. As you may see in most incident report templates, an analysis section is added because facts do not matter if not processed and analyzed.And lastly, write your recommendation or any call to action that the report so requires.
Office Incident Report
Dental Office Report
Medical Office Report
Quality Incident Report
Quality Control Report
Drinking Water Quality Report
How to Come Up with a Good and Comprehensible Incident Report?
Incident reports are not just mere documentations. It must be operational and functional. Bear in mind that incident reports serve as justifications or bases for future plans of action. Here are some points you may consider to come up wiith a comprehensible incident report.
- Consider all angles. If you don’t have any personal knowledge about the incident or just relying on testimonies from witnesses, ensure that you consider all possible angles. Do not just settle on one particular source. Validate your information by checking the consistency of the data provided.
- Apply a straightforward and neutral language. An incident report is not a rhetoric document. Use a concrete and direct language. Use simple terminologies. Do not write negative statements. Stay neutral because your report has the capability to influence other people’s opinion.
- Be objective. A reliable and credible incident report is one which is written with utmost objectivity. For instance, in an employee incident report, the one writing the report must not be influenced by his or her personal relationships with the other employees. As much as possible, there must be no conflict of interest. Don’t let your biases and prejudices overshadow your observations.