A status report is a document summarizing the situation of a certain project during a period of time and is written periodically to update everyone involved in the project. It can also contain a executive summary for report that can be used to communicate accomplishments within the organization and keep each member on track.
Below are some samples of Report Templates that you can download and use for your projects. These templates are in a specific report format that is easy to modify and change according to your preferences and needs. So, what are you waiting for? Browse through these templates and find what you need.
Status Report Template
Restaurant Request for Status Report Template
Weekly Status Report
Daily Status Example Format
Sample Audit Status
What Is a Status Report?
As mentioned, a status report is a piece of document that is passed between the client, the project manager, and the internal team to inform everyone where the project is based on where it should be at a certain point in time. It can be used personally, as a team, or between the company to keep track of accomplishments in a better way and is usually written regularly at specific intervals during the execution of a project. Like the Report Templates on this page, they contain illustrative data as well as metrics to monitor each turning point of the job.
How to Write a Status Report?
Writing a report should answer the question Where are we standing now? To answer this, the status report should be built out of the following categories:
- Progress. Your status report should start by looking into the past and determining what has been achieved already at the time the report is written.
- Plan. Your report should then include your plans for the future and the things you need to achieve as well as your goals and objectives from that period onward.
- Problems. It should also include the challenges you have encountered so far and the solutions you did to overcome them or plans of action for issues that are still open.
Note that unlike Annual Reports, status reports can be done weekly, monthly, and quarterly report depending on the nature of the project.
Employee Status Sample
Free Training Status
Contract Status Example
Why Are Status Reports Important?
Although status reports may be redundant, they offer some key benefits to any businesses as stated below.
- Focus. Status reports are very useful especially when handling big projects as it allows everyone to focus on the same goals to achieve at every period or solutions to problems and issues.
- Clarity. In the case of mishaps in terms of timing or shortage of budget, a status report is a great tool to highlight these problems in order to address them at the right time.
- Record. A status report can also serve as a record of key decisions and future actions for every milestone or challenges encountered and solved during the project execution.
For more report examples, also check out our collection of Executive Reports available on the site.