A coaching contract or a mentoring agreement is a legal document that is used by coaches to ensure the grounds, terms and scopes of the coaching services given to clients. Coaching contracts also help all the parties involved in the transaction to identify their obligations. A coaching contract is similar in terms of providing the professional relationship between coaching and consultation activities. You may also see Contract Templates.
Coaching Contract Template
Simple Coaching Contract Template
Sports Coach Contract Template
A coaching contract, just like a property management contract, should provide the essential protection of the service provider and the minimum obligations that should be provided to the client. We have collected a number of coaching contract templates and samples to help you in curating this document.
Executive Coaching Contract Template
Business Coaching Contract
How to Create a Coaching Contract
Coaching contracts can be created through the use of contract templates in DOC or contract templates in PDF.
You can create a coaching contract by following these steps:
- Identify the coaching needs of the client.
- Provide the items that you, as a coach, can deliver.
- Set the content, terms and conditions of the transaction.
- Allow the client to review the coaching contract.
- Once all the items specified in the coaching contract are agreed upon, let the client sign as a proof of agreement.
Inclusions of a Coaching Contract
The main purpose of a coaching contract is to solidify the agreement as well as the transaction. A basic coaching contract should include the following details for it to be comprehensive.
- The name and basic information of the client and the coach
- The kind of coaching to be given
- The schedule, number of the coaching sessions, and time duration per session
- The cost and terms of payment of the coaching services
- The scopes and limitations of the contract
May it be a coaching contract, a consulting contract or a security contract, what is essential in creating a contract is to assure that all the items that you will place in them are well-reviewed, accurate, precise and complete.
Example of Coaching Contract
Tips in Creating a Coaching Contract
Compared to a maintenance contract, coaching contracts need to have a precise and minimum scope of services that should be provided to clients. A few tips that you may follow in creating a highly usable coaching contract includes the following:
- Use any contract template to help you have an easier time in creating the content format and layout of the coaching contract that you would like to create.
- Be clear with all the coaching conditions and services that you will put in the contract.
- As much as possible, make an informative outline of the coaching program so the client will be guided accordingly.
- Define all the information that is present in the document and make sure that no details is too vague, general, or misleading.
- Create objectivity in plotting the scope of the entire professional coaching engagement.
- Be specific with the policies that you want all the entities involved in the transaction to follow.
- If possible, seek legal counsel to assure the effectiveness and accuracy of the coaching contract.
If you would like to create a coaching contract, always remember these tips so you can be guided accordingly.