If you’re planning on running a business, then you’ll no doubt be hiring employees to help with the daily tasks and processes. Once you have all of the employees you need, wouldn’t you want something that will help both you and customers identify who they are and what they do?
The one thing that can do just that would be an ID card. This article will teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you should go about in creating an ID card that best suits your business.
1. Employee Information: Remember that the entire reason for making these cards is so that people can identify your employees in terms of who they are and what it is that they do. So it is important every employee ID card has the employee’s basic information on it; this includes things like their complete names, job position title, and birth date. Take note it’s possible that ID cards may require more information on them, especially for those employees with higher positions or if they’re employed in major corporations.
2. Business Information: Aside from information on the employee, customers will want to know about the business that the employee represents. That’s why the ID cards must contain basic information on the business itself. All you have to place here would be the name of the business, its address, and its contact details.
3. Business Logo: One of the best ways of instilling your brand into the minds of customers is with a logo that best represents it. This means that you’ll need to come up with a logo design which perfectly shows just what kind of business yours is. You can make it as creative or as simple as you want, just be sure that it’s memorable enough to the point that customers can easily associate it with your brand.
4. Employee Picture: Aside from the business logo, you’ll want another image at the very front of the ID card. That image should be the face of the employee that the card belongs to. This is basically the best way of pointing out who the card belongs to as facial recognition done via the picture can be done quick and easy. Be sure to use a high-quality image of the employee when placing it on the ID card and also check if it was taken recently as you don’t want to use an old photo.
1. Acquire Adobe Photoshop: If you do not already have Adobe Photoshop by this point, then you’ll want to purchase it to start making your ID cards. Know that this type of program can be quite expensive, but you check out a full-featured free demo version that’s on Adobe’s main website. From there, you’ll be able to try out some of its features before deciding whether or not it’s the right program for you.
2. Start with the ID sizes: Should you decide to go with Adobe Photoshop, then the first thing you’ll need to consider would be sizes. Take note that the majority of ID’s are 3.375 inches (8.6 cm) wide by 2.125 inches (5.4 cm) tall. To start, open Adobe Photoshop and from the File menu click on New. From there you’ll be changing the units drop-down menu from pixels to inches. So if you were to stick with to the measurements of both 3.375 and 2.125 inches then type those into the width and height box respectively. Depending on the quality of the image you’ll be using, you may want to increase the resolution to 200 to 301 pixels/inch.
3. Find your background image: When doing this, you can use your business logo or any stock image. Fill your background layer with the color white. Copy and paste your background image to a new layer above this and decrease the opacity until you have the desired look. You can decrease the opacity by finding the option on the menu above the layers. To change the size of the background image, click the image layer and click the Edit menu and then select Free Transform. From there you simply need to click and drag until you are satisfied with the size.
4. Import the photo you want to use: From here you’ll be placing the images of the employee into the ID cards. Copy and paste the employee’s facial image onto the ID and use Free Transform to change it to the desired size.
5. Add the signature and information: Use the text tool to add in information. If you want to add a realistic looking signature. If you want the employee’s signature to look as realistic as possible, then you’ll have to download a signature font online and install it in order for you to do so.
If you want to learn more on ID cards, then you simply need to go through our site to find the articles that can help you.
The best way to avoid the waste of resources is by knowing exactly how many ID cards need to be made. That way, you’ll only obtain the necessary amount of materials needed and you’ll know exactly how long it will take for everyone to get their own cards.
There are many different ID card templates that you can find anywhere online or even here in this article. You can use their designs as references or you can use these templates and make certain changes until they suit your needs.