10+ ID Card Templates in Word
In business, all employees must be able to identify one another. This is very important because all employees must be able to communicate with one another and that can only be done properly if they know who they’re communicating with. Even customers will want to know the identities of the employees that they’re dealing with should there be a need for them to do so.
That’s why a company must be able to provide their workforce with its own individual ID cards. This article will teach you all that you need to know in regards to how you should go about in creating your very own ID cards.
Elements of an ID Card
1. Business Logo: This is basically a visual representation of the business that the employee represents. Having your business logo on the employee ID card is one of the best ways of subtly promoting the brand. You’ll want to come up with one that properly represents the image that you want for your business. For example, wedding planner logos would usually be more creative and colorful considering that this would be in line with how wedding planners usually are.
2. Business Information: Next is that the card should have information on the business itself. Aside from the name, the card must also display the address and the contact information of the business. This can be helpful in the event that the ID is missing and must be returned or if the employee wishes to contact the business for personal or work-related purposes.
3. Employee Picture: Having a picture of the employee is a great way to show the ID card belongs to. This should always be in the front of the card and you’ll want to make sure that it’s of high-quality and was taken recently.
4. Employee Information: Every ID card must hold information about the employee who owns it. What information will depend on the type of ID that’s being made or the employee it’s for. A good example would be a corporate ID card as these usually contain more than just the employee’s basic information and job title.
5. Signatures: It’s essential that every ID card contains the signature of its owner. This is for verification purposes as you’ll want to make sure that fraudulent ID card or unauthorized visitors make their way past the entrance of your business. These are usually found at the back of the cards.
10+ ID Card Templates in Word
ID Card Template
Massage ID Card Template
Advertising agency ID card Template
Daycare Staff ID Card Template
Event Planner ID Card Template
Travel Agency ID Card Template
Student Id Card Template
Free Blank ID Card Template
Free Employee ID Card Template
Free Student ID Card Template
How to Make an ID Card
1. Utilize Microsoft Word: One of the more convenient programs that you can use to make an ID card would be Microsoft Word. Know that there are other alternatives that you can choose from and Microsoft Word is only one of the many good options. If you decide to use it, then here’s what you will need to do:
- Click on the program to open it.
- Go to the File tab and select New.
- Decide if you want to start from a blank document or if you want to use any of the available templates.
You can create other documents in Microsoft Word by using the exact same process.
2. Make your ID cards: Now you will need to actually create the ID cards that your employees need. The following are things that you will have to do:
- Use durable material: Before anything else, you’ll need to make use of durable material for every ID card your business will provide its employees. The majority of ID cards make use of material such as PVC, or plastic HID smart cards; these will usually last you from up to around 5 years, making them a very good investment. Also, the more durable the material, the fewer reprints that will need to happen in the future.
- Know of the ID card is going to be single or dual-sided: This will depend entirely on the number of information that the card should contain and what security features it should have. Professional ID cards will usually need a lot of space in order to hold all of the information on the employee and the business, making dual-sided cards the best option. But if you want to keep things simple by having the card simply for identifying the employee, then you can go with single-sided ones.
- Think about the orientation: You’ll want to consider how the information in the ID card is displayed. Take note that there are two ways to do this: horizontally and vertically. When thinking about the orientation, you’ll have to think about what the ID card could potentially be used for. For example, it will be easier for employees to show customers who they are and what they do if the information on the card is displayed vertically.
Tips for Making an ID Card
- Know how many cards your business will need to provide: You don’t want to have an abundance of unused cards, meaning that you’ll need to know exactly how many will have to be made. Know the number of employees that need to be provided with ID cards so that the right amount of materials can be acquired to produce them.
- Always think about the security features: The best way to avoid people from making fake copies of ID cards is by adding security features to each of them. For example, some of them have features wherein they must be scanned to determine whether they’re registered in the business’s database.
Types of ID Card
- Event Planner ID card
- Student ID card
- Staff ID card
- Employee ID card
- Agency ID card
You may go through our site should you wish to learn more about the different ID cards you can make.
ID Card FAQs
What’s the easiest way to create an ID card?
You have the option to make use of online ID creation services as all you’ll need to do is to provide them with information and payment. Just know that everything may not come out exactly as you would have hoped as you won’t have control over everything.
What if I can’t utilize online ID creation services? Is there another way to easily make one?
Remember that you can utilize ID card templates to create what you need. All you have to do here is to replace the information that’s on them and make whatever changes you want.