Before any product gets to the hands of the consumers in the market, a product goes through a lot of processes. One of which is the presentation of the product to the prospective clients which is done with the use of a product proposal. A product proposal is a result of a business entity’s request for proposal having similar features to a grant proposal.
The only difference is that a grant proposal is for the acquisition of a grant while a product proposal, as presented on this website, is for the intention of generating revenue from products offered for sale. If you need any samples for reference, our collection of templates is at your disposal.
Product Proposal Template
Points to Consider in the Creation of Product Proposals
As seen on the sample proposal templates on this website, product proposals cover various information that would allow the prospective client to weigh his options. The following are vital points to consider in creating a product proposal as in a sales proposal template:
- Market Condition – Before anything else, a company must assess the market condition of the product and the entity as well.
- Product Pricing – The product price affects the decisions of the prospective clients since this becomes the basis with regard to the costs they would incur once they secure the deal. Always take note of the purchasing power and the needs of your prospective clients.
- Reasonable Terms – In order for your products and services to be availed, you must present terms that would benefit both you and the client. Present your platform by marketing not only your products as sampled on the product marketing templates, but also the entity as a whole.
- Time Frame – As seen on any of the free proposal templates on this website, you should always indicate the time period that the proposal is available. This allows you to present to another client if the other declines your proposal.
Outline for a Product Proposal
Here is an outline you can follow in making a product proposal:
- Introduction – You are to write a brief introduction on the product proposal that will serve as the opening of the product proposal.
- Executive Summary – This pertains to the overview of all the information on the product proposal. Essential points like the benefits the prospective clients will get if they avail your product line and the solution you can provide for their existing issues and concerns.
- Company Overview – Present the good attributes of your company by relaying a brief information of the entity’s history and the stand in the market.
- Product Information – This is where you introduce the product, its details and its quality. You are to indicate how to use the product and what benefits the client gets in using the product. Provide samples such as images which will help convince the client as shown similarly on a design proposal template.
With the inclusion of a letter, as shown on sample proposal letter templates on this website, a product proposal must be kept simple. Target the interest of your prospective clients by impressing them with facts and not with exaggeration as presented on the example templates.