For your business to run and function properly and smoothly, an effective and open communication is a must. Communication, as well all know, is one of the main and most significant factors that contribute to the growth and success of any business, no matter which sector or industry it may belong. One of the most common forms of communication in business is a written documentation.
Every now and then, business people often receive business letters from another business party, client or customers who want to ask for an inquiry regarding specific products and/or services, or do a transaction with them. Most often, your company may receive business documentations, such as a purchase agreement, business plan, legal contract or a business proposal from other companies. In order for the other party to know that you have received their documents, you will need to write a receipt acknowledgment letter as soon you can.
In this article, we have rounded up some essential factors about receipt acknowledgment letters, as well as tips that will guide you on how to write one down effectively and professionally. We have also provided some sample receipt acknowledgment letter templates which are available for free download. To make good use of these templates, you will only need the appropriate software so that you can modify its content according to your preferences and purpose.
What is a Receipt Acknowledgment Letter
Imagine sending a business document to another party and not hearing whether they have received to it or not. That is why the need to write a receipt acknowledgment letter is highly important to keep the communication open between two business parties. Receipt acknowledgment letters have been widely used in the business world for a number of years, but before we go too deep and learn more about it, it is highly imperative to know what a receipt acknowledgment letter is all about.
According to the Business Dictionary website, a receipt acknowledgment letter is defined as “a documented verification that goods have been received or services have been rendered. Typically the acknowledgment is indicated by the recipient’s signature on a bill of lading, a business invoice or another form”. There are other terms used for a receipt acknowledgment: advice of delivery, advice of receipts, return receipt requested, required, demanded, or wanted. A receipt acknowledgment or acknowledgment receipt is often sent through fax, postal or certified mail or email within the day after receiving the requested goods from the sender.
Importance of Acknowledgement Receipt
An acknowledgment receipt is considered to be one of the most important forms of business legal documents as it is used as an evidence that you have done a business transaction with the other party after receiving either a payment or goods at a specified date and time. This type business letter simply has all the significant information and in order to rectify the authenticity or legality of the document, it must bear the signature of the receiver.
Different Types of Receipt Acknowledgment Letters
While the main purpose of writing an acknowledgment receipt letter is to inform the other party that the items or goods that you have requested from them have been received. However, it is also important to understand that an acknowledgment receipt letter has a varying purpose. In this section, we have provided a few types of receipt acknowledgment letters that are used in different types of business transactions.
- Product and document receipt acknowledgment letters are used to confirm that the recipient has received the particular goods or items that are sent to them.
- An application receipt acknowledgment letter is usually sent by the company to the applicant that they have received his or her application for a job position, job resignation or membership.
- An offer receipt acknowledgment letter is written to provide a confirmation that the receiver is aware of the offer made by an entity. It also contains information about the decision regarding the offer being made.
- Check or payment receipt acknowledgment letter is another type of acknowledgment letter that is commonly used in business transactions that involve monetary equivalent or payment for purchased goods and services provided that are needed to be paid.
- A property receipt acknowledgment letter is usually sent by the caretaker to the owner of the property. Its main purpose is to let the property owner that the caretaker has a go signal for performing a maintenance and other activities that are essential for the property.
Sample Receipt Acknowledgment Letter Templates that You can Download and Use as References
Below are some receipt acknowledgment letter templates that you can download for free and help you get started. These documents are available in .doc and .pdf file and are highly customizable using the appropriate software. Browse our sample templates that are provided below and choose the ones which you think matched your preferences and modify them according to your personal purpose.
Acknowledgement Receipt Template
Cash Acknowledgement Receipt
Free Receipt Acknowledgement Letter Template
Free Letter for Acknowledgement of Receipt of Payment
Free Sample Letter for Acknowledgement of Receipt
Sample Receipt Acknowledgement of Privacy Practices
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Appeal
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Letter of Transmittal
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Letter of Withdrawal
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Employee Handbook
Resignation Acknowledgement Receipt Sample
Conflict of Interest Acknowledgement Receipt
Employee Award or Prize Acknowledgement Receipt
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Letter of Intent
Tips on Writing a Receipt Acknowledgment Letter
Writing a receipt acknowledgment letter is an extremely important part of doing any types of transactions in the world of business. It shows your level of professionalism by giving time to let the other party know that you have received their documents or goods that you have requested from them. By writing a receipt acknowledgment letter, it allows both parties to effectively communicate and determine what actions or steps that are needed to be taken. As a business person, it is crucial to know what to write and how to write a receipt acknowledgment effectively.
- In order to write an effective receipt acknowledgment letter, it is important to identify the purpose of writing the letter. Let us take for instance that you want to acknowledge that you have received the document that was sent by the other party, you must examine the date that the document has been requested and when it was delivered.
- After identifying the details that were stated above, make a draft of your receipt acknowledgment letter. Outline all the necessary information and transform them into short yet detailed paragraphs. It is important to keep in mind that the purpose of drafting your letter is to make sure that its content is concise and that all of your ideas and thoughts are conveyed accurately. Additionally, make sure that the opening and conclusion of the letter contain the significant information. If you think that you have gathered all the important details to write your letter, you can start writing it on your professional company stationery.
- Because the receipt acknowledgment letter is a form of a standard business letter, you should use a stationery that bears your company letterhead. Typically, a professional letterhead that is used for business letters includes either the company logo or the company name, address, contact details and website address.
- The receipt acknowledgment letter should be addressed to the right contact person. It is also important to observe and use the proper salutation when addressing the letter. Let us take, for example, use salutation such as “Dear Mr. John Rivers:” or “Dear Miss Katie Michaels:”. Take note how the salutation ends with a colon.
- The letter should start by acknowledging receipt of the goods or documents received. Make sure to refer the goods or documents by their names, such as lease application or job application letter, along with the date that the item came into your possession.
- The succeeding paragraph of your letter should explain the next step to be taken. Let us take for instance that you must have the document reviewed by a qualified legal counsel before you can proceed to the next process. Make sure to include the expected date that the review will be completed.
- While both of you are still waiting for the result, encourage the other party not to hesitate to contact when if ever they have any questions or concerns about the process. To make it easy for both parties, make sure to provide them with the most convenient times that they can contact you.
- In order to build a rapport with the other party, you must acknowledge your relationship in a positive yet professional way. Take for example that you are “looking forward to hearing from them” and that you wish to continue building a mutually beneficial business relationship with them into the future.
- When ending or closing your letter, it is crucial to use a formal closing, such as “Sincerely,” rather than using “Warm Regards”. Do not forget to type your name and job title and then affix your signature to authenticate the receipt acknowledgment letter.
- Once you are through writing the letter, make sure to check it for any spelling and grammatical error before sending it to the recipient. You can also ask a colleague or a friend to proofread the letter for you.