Departmental budget sample is very important as it allows departments to do specific processes and activities that will benefit not only them but the entire company as well. Before a budget is given to a department, they need to show a document known as the department budget sheet to allow the company see how they spent the budget for the last year and what are the changes and adjustments that are needed to be done for the next year. You can view our Budget Template and identify if it will work as a template for your department budget document.
Department Budget Template
HR Department Budget Template
Sales and Marketing Department Budget Template
Marketing Department Budget Template
HR Department Budget Template
Commerce Department Budget Template
Departmental Annual Budget Template
The Departmental Budget
A company gives a specific amount as a budget to every department depending on their needs for a specific period of time. Usually, these budgets are being talked about at the end of the year planning event so that they can already provide the budget on the upcoming year of operations.
Budgets to be given depend on the needs of the departments and the functions that they do. Some departments need a bigger budget as there are more transactions being done in that specific area and some only have a few or a limited budget as there are not much items to spend at in terms of their work functions.
Inclusions of a Department Budget
A department budget shall include all the things that they need to allot money at for a specific period of time measured and provided by the company. These items are as follows:
- The items needed in their work places especially those that they use everyday.
- Expenses on extra labor for special events.
- The money that they use for their primary functions. As an example, the marketing department needs money for the creation of brochures and other marketing materials.
- Petty cash for emergency purposes.
You may use our Excel Budget samples as your main sheet for your department budgeting. Aside from our department budget samples and templates, you may also download the Manufacturing Budget templates we have on our site.
Business Department Budget Template
Operating Expense Budget Template
College Department Budget Template
Hospital Department Budget Template
Academic Computing Department Budget
Importance of Having a Department Budget
There is a reason and purpose why companies hold a year-end meeting. One of these purposes is to talk about the things that are to exist and be implemented for the coming year. A big issue of discussion is the budget that will be allotted for each department. Here are a few reasons why having a department budget is important:
- It allows the departments to request for money to the finance division of the company depending on the money allotted for them to use.
- They can control their spending as a department based on the projected budget that they have presented.
- They will know the items that are needed to be prioritized in terms of budget allocation.
- They will already have an overview of the things that they need to do on the next year and how their budget can affect these activities.
There are still a lot of reason why having a department budget is important. Moreover, it is also of most importance for a specific department to plan smartly and efficiently to avoid budget shortages and lapses once the year to use them has already come.
Aside from our department budget samples, you may browse through our Marketing Budget templates and learn a thing or two on how the marketing department create a budget plan for the activities that they handle.