13+ Sample Checklist Templates
In the event that there are a bunch of tasks that you need to complete or items that you need to manage, you’re going to want to keep track of every single one of them. If you don’t, then you’ll end up in a situation where you’ll find things difficult to keep in order. You may also see Checklist Templates.
So what you’ll want is to come up with a proper checklist where you’ll be able to take note of all the things that you’ll have to do and finish. And that’s why this article exists so that it can teach you all that you need to know in order to create one.
Elements of a Good Checklist
If you’re going to make a checklist, then the first thing that you’re going to have to do is to learn about its most basic elements. By knowing exactly what it should contain, you’re more than guaranteed that the document is able to help you keep track of whatever it is that you’re supposed to be doing.
So with that in mind, here are the elements that every good checklist should have:
- Title: If you’re going to come up with a specific type of checklist, then it’s important that you’re able to come up with a proper title. Take note that there are many different types of a checklist, with each of them having their own ways of helping you keep track of things. By having an appropriate title, you’re essentially giving the reader an idea as to what the document is supposed to and is going to contain. For example, if you were to make a checklist for the things you need to inspect, then the title would most likely be something such as “Inspection Checklist” or anything similar.
- Names: There are times where it’s required that a person’s name is included in the checklist, and that person is usually for whom the checklist is meant for. Basically, what you need to do here is to include that person’s complete name. There are times where you might also have to include his/her job title, but that’s only if required.
- The Date: Having the date in the document will tell readers exactly when it was made. This is important for those who may want to verify the date or to those who simply wish to remember the day in which the checklist was created. Just make sure that you include the month, day, and year when writing it down.
- Items: It won’t be a checklist unless you have a number of items that you’ll be keeping track of. It’s here where you will list down things such as materials that need to be provided, tasks that need to be completed and so on.
13+ Checklist Templates
Blank Checklist Template
Checklist Sample Template
Daily Checklist Template
Camping Checklist Template
Grocery Checklist Template
Blank Checklist Template
Free Daily Checklist Template
Business Travel Itinerary Checklist
Camping Checklist Template
Moving Checklist Format
Wedding Checklist Template
Task Checklist Example
Onboarding Checklist Sample
Project Checklist Format
How to Create a Good Checklist
Now that you’ve learned how about the basic elements of a checklist, then next thing that you will want to do is to figure out how you should go about in making one. Although there are times where it won’t exactly be easy to come up with a checklist, you’re still going to have to do so if you want to stay on track on all the things you have to do or things that have to happen.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a good checklist:
1. Create a Proper Title: Right from the moment you start, you’re going to have to come up with the appropriate title for the document. Remember that the entire point of the title is so that readers will have an idea of what’s going to be or what’s supposed to be inside the checklist. This means that you’ll have to think about the purpose of the checklist so that you’ll have an idea as to what you’re supposed to write down.
So long as the title is relevant to the number of items that you need to keep track of or rate, then there shouldn’t be any problems in regards to people identifying the purpose of the document.
2. Include Any Necessary Basic Information: If it’s a checklist that’s meant for business-related purposes, then most likely you will be required to include specific information that will be used for verification purposes. Those would be the following:
- Names: This could mean either the name of the company/building, the name of the representative utilizing the checklist, or both. If you’re writing down the name of the representative, then you simply need to include his/her first name, last name, and middle initial. If it’s for an establishment, then simply place the business name into the document. This basically acts as proof that shows the identity of the entity in charge of handling the checklist.
- Date and time: This is a must for just about any kind of checklist as the date can be used for those who wish to keep track of any previous checklists that were made. Just be sure to include the month, day, and year so that those reading will know of the actual date right away.
- Other details: You might be required to provide information such as what building, what facilities, or even the name of the company. Just make sure that you know what to include in the checklist by figuring out the type that you have to make.
3. Write Down the Item Details: It’s here that you’ll be placing the different details of whatever items that you’ll be playing in the checklist.
So what you’re going to have to do first is to think about what you should place in the document. This will depend entirely on the type that you have to create. For example, if you were to create a camping checklist, then the list of items that you’ll be writing down will all have to do with something that’s relevant to camping.
It’s best that you categorize every item when coming up with the list so that it’ll make it much easier for you to keep track of them. In the event where it’s a checklist of items that you need to rate, then you need to come up with a rating system. Make sure it’s one that’s consistent in terms of telling you what’s been done well and what has noted
Tips for Making a Checklist
- Always be specific with the items that you place: No matter what you place in your checklist, you have to make sure that you give detailed descriptions or explanations. This goes for things such as tasks that you need to complete, resources that you’ll need to gather, or actions/people that you will need to rate.
- Check for any errors: There’s always the chance that you may have a made a mistake or two when coming up with your checklist. So what you’re going to have to do is to find and fix them as soon as possible. Before finalizing your checklist, you’ll want to go through it at least twice so that you won’t miss any mistakes pertaining to grammar, spelling, or the information that you’ve placed.
Types of Checklists
Remember that there are a wide variety of checklists that you can create and that all of them can help you keep track of different things. So here are a few examples:
- Wedding Checklist
- Project Checklist
- Task Checklist
- Training Checklist
- Inventory Checklist
- Maintenance Checklist
The standard size of just about any checklist would be that of an A4 or US. Although you could always go for ones that are either slightly larger or smaller, it’s always best to stick with the standard. The reason being that it’s just the right size that’s able to present all of the information in an organized manner.
How Do I Make My Checklist More Organized?
Again, it’s best that you organize your checklist by categorizing every item. That way, you and other readers won’t have a hard time in finding whatever specific item you need to take note of.
Why Applications Can I Use to Make a Checklist?
There are so many that you can find online to help you out with this. Take note that people usually make use of Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel when they need to come up with one. It all depends on what you think you’re comfortable with using.
Is There an Easy Way to Make a Checklist?
Yes, all you have to do is to find the right checklist template you need, and then customize it in whatever way you wish. You can even use the ones available here if you think that they’ll be of some help to you.
In the event that you would like to learn about the other types of documents that you could possibly create, then all you have to do is to go through our site, Template.net. It has many different articles, all of which should have the information that you’re going to need. Just be sure that you are able to thoroughly read the ones you’ve chosen to ensure that you’re able to make the most out of what they have to offer.