Those in the world of business know that they need to develop an effective and efficient marketing plan if they want to increase their customer numbers as well as their sales. In order to achieve this, they have to come up with a checklist sample of things that need to be done in order for the plan to be a success. So here are some examples we have curated for our readers who are planning to make their own marketing plan checklist.
New Product Marketing Plan
Healthcare Product Marketing Plan
Strategic Healthcare Marketing Plan
Fundraising Event Marketing Plan
Software Product Marketing Plan
Preparing the marketing plan checklist
Now that you have decided to create your own marketing plan, here are the important things you should include in your checklist to ensure that your plan is well-defined and well-executed:
- Describe the market as well as the characteristics and size of each market segment. Once you have done that, review the key market analysis that will give you more of an insight regarding your customers’ needs and demands.
- Research what customers value when it comes to your products and services. It can be anything from the features of certain products, the quality of products or services, the image, or even the customer service experience.
- Compare all of the different distribution channels that will allow you to reach customers. This can be anything from direct sales, online sales, or retail sales.
- Do your research on the competitors that are in the same industry as you. Learn about the products and services they are offering and how they are able to retain their existing customers and attract new ones.
- Identify all of the different factors that affect and influence your business environment. You need to know this information so you can make any necessary adjustments that will help you stay relevant in the market. You can always carry out a SWOT analysis to make sure you have a competitive edge against other businesses in your industry.
- Review the effectiveness of your other previous marketing initiatives such as your sales or marketing campaigns.
- Assess the profitability and sales potential of all the different market segments as well as the different types of customers. It also helps to know the profitability of the different products and services that your business offers to customers.
- Decide who you will target when it comes to customers—existing ones or new. Also decide which products you should push to these people and determine whether you need to do a product refresh or replacement.
- Set the specific objects for your marketing plan. This should be directly related to the smart goals of your business. Some good examples would be retaining existing customers, increasing the size of orders to meet demands, selling new products, or winning new customers.
- Decide the methods you will use to sell and distribute your offerings. You should also plan out how you can improve customer satisfaction as well as service.
- Plan how you are going to promote your products and services in a way that will attract new customers as well as keep existing ones.
- Determine the impact of your marketing plan on the rest of your business. For example, it might have production and training requirements that you need to plan for in order to keep your company operations running smoothly.
Commercial Construction Marketing Plan
Residential Construction Marketing Plan
Healthcare Marketing Plan Sample
Clothing Retail Marketing Plan
Real Estate Sales and Marketing Plan
Tips for enhancing your company’s marketing plan
There is one question you must ask yourself when you are trying to figure out how to market your company’s product or service: How thorough is marketing plan? You also need to come up with a business plan, but a similarly outlined strategy for marketing is just as important. So where should you start in putting your marketing plan into writing? Here are some things you should keep in mind:
Consider where your marketing efforts currently stand
When you start formulating your business plan, the first step in your marketing strategy should be a short description about the current situation of your company. After defining the products and services that your business provides, detail the benefits that you offer your customers and the unique qualities that set you apart from the rest of your competitors. Successfully marketing your brand has a lot to do with how you position your company in the industry.
Describe your target audience
You need to have a good idea who your target audience is after you have written the description for your business. A deep understanding of your customer base is crucial for selecting the right marketing channels as well as creating the right kind of message. Many companies start by detailing the demographics of their target audience.
Determine your budget
You need to be able to develop a solid marketing budget as it is an important part of creating a plan of action that is actually realistic. If you do not have a proper marketing budget, then the chances of you overspending on unnecessary marketing costs is going to shoot up. Companies with smaller budgets need to select the best strategies that will have high returns with little costs.
Make your strategy
After you have outlined the position of your business in the market as well as your target audience and marketing goals, you should then consider the strategy that you will be using. A successful marketing strategy cannot function if you think that waiting for your customers to come to you is a good idea. Not even the best landing page can draw visitors in unless you find a way to actually get them interested enough to visit your website.
If you would like to learn more about marketing plan checklists or if you would like to learn how to make use of marketing plan templates, then check out the rest of the site for other informative articles.