10+ Marketing Templates in PSD
When it comes to promoting a product or service online, using marketing templates is the way to go. These pre-made templates allow anyone to create compelling website pop-ups and banner ads without much fuss and experience in coding or graphic design editing.
If this is your first time hearing the term or if you are unfamiliar with the inner workings of online advertising, then you’re in for a treat. In this article, we focus on providing comprehensive information about marketing templates as promotional tools. Multiple examples of marketing templates in PSD file format are also shared below. Check them all out.
Elements of A Good Marketing Template
Marketing templates could be any digital file that is used on web properties (like blogs and product websites) to advertise a product or service, to provide information, or to generate customer leads. But before anyone can create the best marketing templates for websites, it is important to know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to online advertising.
Listed below are the top characteristics or elements that are found in good marketing templates. Study how each element can be applied to your own template designs.
1. Enticing Offer or Value Proposition: One factor that helps make a marketing design compelling is an equally enticing offer or value proposition. Your website pop-ups should offer something to a site visitor or customer. Ask yourself this question: What’s in it for the customer? The answer to this question may come in the form of a free PDF guide, exclusive access to a training video, or even first dibs on new deals from your online store. Whatever it is, always keep in mind how you can add more value to your customer’s life.
2. User Experience: When creating pop-up marketing templates, it is important to consider a customer’s or a user’s experience when they see that pop-up. To create a positive impression to any site visitor, you need to create pop-up marketing ads that will not hinder user’s intended action and also help enrich his or her experience while on your website. To do this, make sure that your marketing pop-ups are well-designed, information-rich, and are timed accordingly.
3. Responsive Design: In connection with the previous design element, another important element that makes a pop-up marketing ad more effective is through using responsive design. This means that you need to format your marketing pop-ups and ads in a way that they will retain the same design quality in whatever display screen you view them on. There are a lot of pre-made marketing templates with responsive design available today so you do not even need to make one from scratch.
4. Visual Hierarchy: Another important element to consider when creating any kind of marketing pop-up or banner is its layout. Choose or create a design that embodies visual flow without sacrificing the content of the project. To illustrate, if you are creating a newsletter marketing pop-up design, make sure that the CTA (call to action) and any images used are arranged in an organized and easy to understand manner.
5. Customized Content: Lastly, do not forget the content of any marketing template you are creating. A well-worded and targeted content is more likely to attract the right customers and is also more likely to get you the right results.
Keep in mind all these core elements while creating your own marketing templates and you will not go wrong. Combine them with other online marketing plan and you will begin to see positive results for your business soon.
10+ Marketing Templates in PSD
Shared below are multiple marketing templates in PSD file format. Take a look at each template and be inspired into creating your own original marketing template designs.
Contest Pop-up Marketing Template
Related Posts Pop-up Marketing Example
Search Pop-up Marketing Template
Signup Pop-up Marketing Example
Site Login Pop-up Marketing Template
Social Media Sharing Pop-up Marketing Sample
Web Event Pop-up Marketing Template
Website Downloads Pop-up Marketing Template
Website Offer Pop-up Template
Website Trial Pop-up Marketing Sample
Simple Tips for an Excellent Marketing Template
Read on below for more must-do tips and hacks that will transform any simple marketing pop-up or banner into something more compelling and that is guaranteed to bring you the results you need.
1. A/B Test your marketing template designs: A/B testing of a marketing template is an evaluation method where two different designs to different site visitors at the same time. The design or variant that gets the most engagement, click-throughs, and customer leads is the one that is then used for the site. Do this essential step before finalizing what specific website pop-up design to use.
2. Created targeted marketing templates: At the start of this article, we have emphasized the importance of original content for any pop-up or banner ad you create. Another way to make your ad copy even more relevant is by making sure that they are targeted to the right market or demographic. For example, if you are operating an online fashion store, your website Shop Now pop-up ad copy and design should best be geared towards females who like to shop online.
3. Avoid using entry pop-ups: If there is a major no-no when it comes to making any kind of marketing template, it is to avoid using entry pop-ups as they do not promote a positive user experience. But if you think that this kind of pop-up marketing method will work for your business or brand, then make sure that you study it before implementing any change.
4. Make sure to include a close (x) button: The more difficult it is to close a marketing pop-up, the less likely a customer stays on a website. To avoid a dip in your page rank due to the increased website bounce rates, make sure that you make the X or close button on the pop-ups as noticeable as possible. Do this and your customers will greatly appreciate the smooth-sailing experience they have when visiting your website or blog.
The list shared above is not an exhaustive one. More design hacks will come to you as you begin to practice and experiment with various pop-up and banner marketing techniques. And if you wish to check out more examples of business and marketing templates, check out the rest of Template.net.
Types of Marketing Templates
Listed below are the main types of pop-up marketing templates.
- Click Pop-up: These are marketing templates that appear when a site visitor clicks any part (image or text) of the website screen. A good example is the Website Offer Pop-up.
- Entry Pop-up: As its name implies, entry pop-ups appear right after a person arrives at a website. This pop-up type may lead to greater conversions when used for the right marketing campaigns.
- Timed Pop-up: This type of marketing pop-up appears after a visitor or customer is on a website pre-determined length of time. This kind of pop-up is often less annoying to visitors who have just visited a website or blog.
- Scroll Pop-up: This marketing pop-up’s trigger is a site visitor’s page scrolling. A pop-up appears after a visitor scrolls down the rest of the website or article page.
Marketing Template Sizes
There is no standard size for marketing templates. This is because these templates need to be resized according to a user’s preferences and the display screen type and size itself.
Marketing Template FAQs
What is a marketing template in PSD?
A template is a pre-formatted digital file that acts as a base for creating any kind of graphic design project. When this pre-formatted file mainly contains artwork, images, illustrations, typefaces, text, placeholders, layout and style elements that resemble a website pop-up, it is called a marketing template. And when Adobe Photoshop is used to create this kind of template design, it is called a marketing template in PSD.
What is the difference between a pop-up and a banner ad?
Website pop-ups and banner ads both are online marketing tools that entrepreneurs and site owners use to promote products and services or provide information. Their main difference lies in how they appear on a web page. A website pop-up literally pops out of a web whenever a specific criterion is met. For example, a pop-up may appear asking customers to sign up to the store newsletter if he/she scrolls down the webpage. A banner ad, on the other hand, is a static marketing tool. It is only placed on one location on a webpage. Banner ads may be located near the header, on the sidebar, and embedded on the content body itself.
What software tools are used to create marketing template designs?
Aside from Adobe Photoshop, marketing templates may also be created using the HTML5 coding language and software solution stack.
Now that you have reached the end of this article, we trust that you will now begin practicing all the tips we’ve shared above. You may also use them as guiding posts when it comes to creating your own marketing template designs. For more template design inspiration, check out the rest of our website.