10+ Pop-up Marketing Templates
When it comes to converting website visitors into paying customers, the use of pop-up marketing templates is an invaluable tool. If you are a business owner who wishes to expand your online reach, read the rest of this article to learn how to do just that.
In this article, you will learn how to craft your own pop-up ads to make sure that you get the most out of each website visitor. Also included in this article are numerous examples of pop-up marketing templates that are fully editable to match your business and personal preferences.
Elements of A Good Pop-up Marketing Template
Website pop-ups are marketing ads that appear at predetermined pages or times during a person’s visit to a website. These marketing pop-ups can either be informational or promotional in nature. They are also the most common way to capture customer email addresses that, in turn, may be used for email marketing.
Listed below are the top elements or characteristics that any pop-up marketing advertisement should embody for them to be effective in achieving any business goals. Study each element well to have an easier and quicker time designing or choosing a pop-up advertisement design to match your marketing and business goals.
- Clearly Defined Purpose: The best pop-up ads are those that are intentional and clear on what they are for. For example, if you want to increase subscribers to your e-commerce shop’s email newsletter, your website’s pop-up ads should clearly show what the ad is for. Use clear and bold typography and design elements to showcase this purpose and the subscribers will follow.
- Creative Design: A pop-up advertisement’s main purpose to catch the attention of a website visitor. And a creative design can help achieve this. Do away with the usual box-shaped pop-ups. Instead, opt for a round or irregularly shaped pop-up. Combine this with an enticing color scheme and graphics and you will have on your hands a compelling pop-up that website visitors are more likely to read and respond to.
- Visitor Control: Another important element of a pop-up advertisement is a website visitor’s ability to control the entire experience. This means that a pop-up button should clearly visible close or exit buttons. A site visitor should be given the freedom to control this experience. The more freedom a customer has, the more likely he/she is able to respond to the pop-up’s value offer.
- Offered Value: As mentioned earlier, another important characteristic that any marketing pop-up ad should include is a unique value offer. This may come in the form of a free e-book, newsletter, access to exclusive information, or even access to discount or coupon codes. Tailor fit your pop-up ad to match the information you are sharing and the customer action you wish to receive.
- Timing: In order to convert as many website visitors as possible, it is best to time the appearance of your pop-up advertisements and buttons. Most of the time, pop-ups appearing right after a visitor arrives on a website landing page should be avoided. The best times make them appear are after a website visitor scrolls down and reads a post or page. Or, pop-ups should also be placed right before a website page tab is closed.
- Responsive Design: Lastly, your website’s pop-up advertisements should also have responsive design. This means that they need to adjust according to the what kind of device and screen size your website is being viewed on. Responsive design helps make it easier to navigate your website, especially when accessed from smartphones.
And those are the top elements or characteristics that should seriously be considered before creating or choosing a pop-up marketing template design. When done right, you will have compelling and high-converting pop-up ads in your hands.
10+ Pop-up Marketing Templates
Check out these sample pop-up marketing templates. Each template is available in multiple file formats to make it easier for you to edit them in the software program of your choice.
E-book Marketing Pop-up Sample
Email Subscription Pop-up Design
Exit Pop-up Template Design
Free Website Coupon Pop-up Example
Free Website Flash Sale Pop-up Format
Newsletter Subscription Pop-up Layout
Round Shop Now Pop-up Template
Sample Marketing Pop-up Template
Website Notification Pop-up Sample
Website Survey Pop-up Layout
Tips to Make Effective Email Opt-ins and Pop-ups
Website pop-ups are mainly used to gather customer email addresses and to build up an email list. This list may then be used to launch exclusive email marketing campaigns that are specifically targeted to people who are interested in your brand or service.
And to help increase the likelihood that a website customer signs up for your email list, we have listed a few simple tips that any website owner can apply to their own websites. Read them below:
1. Timing Matters: As we have mentioned in the first part of this guide, the pop-up appearance or timing matters a lot. Do not inundate a website visitor right at the moment they arrive at your site. Doing this will increase your website’ average bounce rate and that is not a good thing. Instead, Let them browse, read, or scroll down the page first before allowing a pop-up ad to appear.
2. Avoid Full-Page Pop-ups: The size of the pop-up ad also matters. Choose smaller sized website pop-ups that only overlays the existing page a website visitor is on. This way, a customer is still aware of where he or she is on a page despite the pop-up blocking the full page view.
3. Clear Pop-up Exit: Good user experience should be one of the hallmarks of an excellent pop-up use. This can be achieved by making sure that a customer can easily exit or close the pop-up without having to input his or her emails.
4. Minimize Pop-ups on Mobile: A recent Google search algorithm update has penalized mobile sites that use excessive intrusive pop-up ads or opt-ins. Avoid this mistake by making sure your website’s mobile version does not use multiple pop-up options.
5. Make It Simple: As a rule of thumb when creating anything that involves graphic design, it is best to make your pop-up ad design simple and direct to the point. Choose a design theme, typography, images, and ad copy that is compelling enough without inundating your customer with information and visuals.
6. Do AB Testing: Another important tip to help increase customer email opt-in conversion is to conduct regular AB testing on the pop-up designs and mechanisms used. By doing this, you can obtain real-time and accurate information on how your website visitors perceive your pop-up marketing ads and opt-in forms. You can even measure the effectiveness of minor design changes like different color schemes, size of opt-in buttons, and positioning of the pop-up exit button.
The list of tips shared above is not an all-inclusive list. But start with these tips and your subscriber email list will start growing. Feel free to add other email marketing and pop-up marketing hacks as you learn from other websites and website owners.
Types of Pop-up Marketing Templates
Pop-up marketing templates may be classified according to their role or function on your website. Listed below are some examples of different types of website pop-ups.
- Website Exit Pop-ups
- Website Subscribe Pop-ups
- Website Chat Pop-ups
- Website Newsletter Pop-ups
- Website Event Pop-ups
- Website Related Posts Pop-ups
- Website Welcome Pop-ups
- Website Download Pop-ups
- Website Offer Pop-ups
- Website Coupon and Discount Pop-ups
Pop-up Marketing Template Sizes
Website pop-up templates do not have a pre-determined size or shape. When designing them, it is best to match their shape according to their purpose and the kind of website you have. As we have also mentioned earlier, it pays to choose or create a website pop-up that follows a responsive design. This way you do not have to create separate pop-up sizes for different devices and screen sizes that your users may use to access your website.
Pop-up Marketing Template FAQs
What are pop-up marketing templates?
A pop-up marketing template is a pre-made digital file that contains all the HTML, graphics and design elements needed to create a website pop-up. These pre-made templates are fully editable so that end-users can customize them to match their businesses or websites.
How to combine automated email marketing services with a pop-up template?
Automated email marketing services like Aweber and MailChimp has their own integration tools that can be set up through your website’s dashboard or backend. In addition, all the pre-made pop-up templates embedded in this article may also be integrated into your website or to whatever kind of automated email service platform you are using.
How to close a pop-up ad?
To close or remove a website pop-up, simply click the X or close button found on the top right or bottom right corner of the pop-up. In some cases, website exit pop-ups may only be closed after clicking on the ‘No, thanks.’ (or a variation thereof) button or option found on the body of the pop-up.
When planned and implemented well, using website pop-ups can not only help increase customer conversion but it can also give customers a better website browsing experience. Think about how you want to improve your user experience first and the rest of the benefits will follow. For more examples of printable business and marketing templates, check out the rest of Template.net.