A proposal is a written offer or document sent to a potential client in order to achieve a certain specific job or project. A proposal may be solicited or unsolicited. Certain clients will request a proposal on a project based on a sales call. It specifies the product or service to be given, the wanted qualifications, and the due date for compliance. Proposals occur mostly in a company, business, or retail industry.
A proposal template is an important tool you can use to save you time in constructing your very own proposal. With templates, you don’t have to worry about the right format and the content. They are all pre-made and are written professionally. If you want to propose a project, download our ever-ready simple proposal templates.
Simple Business Proposal
Construction Proposal Template
Consultant Proposal Template
Healthcare Consulting Proposal
Types of Proposals
Apart from knowing what proposals are, they have a different variation that is useful for catering to the proposal needs of certain individuals. Here are common types of proposals.
- Preliminary Proposal – This type of proposal shows what the project initiator (PI) plans to do, how the PI will conduct the project, and why this project is worth doing. This type of proposal establishes a foundation for discussion.
- Unsolicited – This is a type of proposal that is submitted to a sponsor that does not often issue any solicitation.
- Solicited – This is a proposal should conform to the solicitation protocol issued by the agency.
- Renewal or Competing Proposal – This is a type of proposal requesting the continued support for an existing project that is about to close.
- Continuation or Non-Competing Proposal – This is a request for financial assistance for a second or consecutive budget period.
- Supplemental Proposal – This proposal requests for an increase in support during a recent budget period. This is designated for an expansion of the project’s scope or to achieve an administrative cost increase.
Regardless of which of these proposal you’ll be making, a Proposal Outline Template will surely come in handy.
Event Proposal Template
Fundraising Proposal Template
Simple Grant Proposal
Thesis Proposal Template
Master Thesis Proposal
How to Write a Proposal?
The main goal of a proposal is to obtain support for your plan by letting the people know certain details and by communicating them in a clear and captivating way. It will surely be a success in many fields if you know how to write a professional and persuasive proposal. You may follow these steps in creating a good proposal.
- You should always begin with a substantial introduction. Your main goal here is to make your proposal as purposeful as possible, thus using some background details is important. Whatever it is, always ensure what you start with a fact and not just an opinion.
- Always determine the problem. Once you are done with the introduction, you’ll start to get into the body of the proposal. This is the meat of your work. You need to make sure that all questions are being answered and always cover them with research and factual information. Use reliable sources.
- Suggest solutions. This section is truly the essential area of your proposal. This is where you describe how you are planning to address the issue, what the advantages of your methods are, and what are the possible aftereffects.
- Don’t forget to add a schedule and budget. In order to persuade your readers that you’re a good investment, you need to give as much information as you can.
- Complete it with a conclusion. This area should reflect your introduction, that briefly wrapped up your general message. Create a summary of the benefits of your proposal.
- Never forget to edit your work. Always be cautious in writing and editing the proposal. Make revisions as necessary to make it clear and concise.
Templates, on the other hand, will always make your work much more convenient, just like our Catering Proposal Templates, these samples will help you in crafting your own catering proposal.
Program Proposal Template
Program Proposal Format
Campaign Proposal Template
Campaign Proposal Sample
Simple Sales Proposal
Short Sales Proposal
Proposal Writing – What Are the Benefits?
Writing a proposal in partnership with strategic planning can produce tremendous benefits for an organization even before projects are even supported or funded. Here are some of the ways why proposal writing is beneficial to an organization or to an individual.
- Enhances accuracy – Proposal writing is an integral part of your development since it is also part of your strategic plan. Also, it is a way to secure funds. It can also help boosts your role in the community and your future outlook.
- Encourages team participation – Team collaboration is necessary when it comes to writing a proposal. The moment you start to gather the composite wisdom of your team members, you increase their commitment to new projects, thus Program Proposal Templates are needed for this event.
- Build partnerships – a great chance to meet other organization who will support your project and who will be willing to contribute to your strategic plans and works.
- Ensure future success – proposal writing increases your development and ongoing strategic planning. This can be accomplished by enabling your team to reach goals and focus project results.
Templates are also important when it comes to achieving a great proposal, just like with our Training Proposal Templates.
Training Proposal Template
Sample Training Proposal
Website Proposal Template
Website Design Proposal
Sample Website Proposal
Simple Financial Proposal Template
Types of Proposal Templates that We Offer
Professional, concise, and purposeful, these are the main qualities that a proposal should have. Here, with our selection of proposal templates, it is a guarantee that these three qualities are attained. So depending on your preference, choose which of these templates works best for you.
- Simple Business Proposal Template – This is a simple yet well-rounded proposal. All details needed in a business proposal are already added to this template.
- Construction Proposal Template – For writing a proposal intended for a construction project, this template is what you need.
- Consultant Proposal Template – If you’re creating a proposal for a consulting organization, or intended for the said organization, make use of this template for more convenience.
- Event Proposal Template – Planning to have a proposal for an event? Secure a partnership with a prospective organization using this template.
- Fundraising Proposal Template – This template is great for proposing a fundraising campaign. Obtain funds from potential staff, and entice their attention using this template.
- Program Proposal Template – This is ideal for any proposed program. This contains necessary information that a program proposal must have.
These are just some of the proposal templates that we have on this page. For other variety, our Contractor Proposal Templates are also available for everybody to make use of.