11+ Log Sheet Templates
Have you ever wondered how successful companies and organizations manage to stay afloat and keep up with their increasing workforce and/or customer base? Well, it starts with following accurate and proper record-keeping practices.
And one of the most common ways to achieve this is through the use of printable or computerized log sheets. In this article, we explore how log sheets can help organizations or businesses organize and simplify their records to achieve financial success. Practical tips on how to create well-designed and tailor-fitted sheet templates are also shared below.
Elements of A Good Log Sheet
A log sheet is a record of events, objects, occurrences, or other variables measured over a period of time. Almost anything can be logged. If you are a small business owner or manager, log sheets can help you organize inventory, track sales or employees, draft small business action plans, and even create profit projections.
But to create log sheets that allow you to do (or measure) all these things, knowledge of the core logsheet-making principles is important. Applying these core design elements into your log sheet designs helps ensure that you have created an effective business tool.
So let’s get started. The next paragraph starts the list of the top elements or characteristics that any effective log sheet should embody.
1. Accurate Information: A log sheet is only as effective as the information that it seeks to find out. And to glean this data, your log sheet or log form needs to ask for the right piece of information. Answer the basic Who, What, When, Where, and Why questions first so that you can determine the right sheet columns, rows, labels, and instructions to put into the sheet.
2. Data Protection: The data compiled from log sheets often belongs to each individual who filled out the sheets. That is why, if you intend to mine this data for your business or organization, you first need to ask permission for its use. This may not be applied to companies requiring its employees to fill out employee attendance sheets and other mandatory company tracking practices. But in all other cases, make sure that you obtain explicit and written permission first.
3. Sheet Layout: Another important characteristic that any log sheet design should have is an organized layout. A log sheet following a clean layout is more readable and easier to fill out.
4. Accessibility: Organizations and companies who wish to keep close track of business-related events should make their log sheets available on print and online. This way, employees and management teams can easily compile data for written reports and assessments all in real-time.
Just by creating standardized log sheet templates for your business or organization, you can begin reshaping your company’s future. And when you incorporate the key characteristics or elements above, you will have an easier and quicker time achieving your business goals.
10+ Log Sheet Templates
Review all the editable log sheet templates shared below and find the best template design that will fit your business’ or organization’s record-keeping requirements. All of these templates are available in multiple file formats to make it easier for you to customize them later on.
Log Sheet Template
Activity Log Template
Blank Independent Reading Log
Customer Service Call Log Template
Equipment Maintenance Log Template
Issue Log Template
Maintenance Log Template
Phone Log Sample
Printable Call Log Template
Reading Log Format
Sample Mileage Log Template
Work Log Template
Simple Tips For an Excellent Log Sheet
Visually appealing log sheets makes for a fun data-logging experiences. Here are a few more tips that you can follow to create log sheets that allow you to effectively measure or track any kind of data or event.
- Keep your log sheet tables simple.
- Use a uniform color scheme.
- When creating online log sheets, incorporate responsive design.
- Write instructions clearly to avoid mistakes in filling out the sheet.
- Hold information drives and teaching sessions before log sheet roll out.
- Create or use a new log sheet every day or at the start of a new session.
- Avoid adding unnecessary images or illustrations.
- Do add your business logo, letterhead design, or other branding elements.
- Bold or use different font styles for headers and labels.
- Always align labels.
- Single-column layouts work best, especially when making online log sheets.
Types of Log Sheets
There is no standard log sheet classification system. Instead, log sheet templates may be categorized according to their file document format. Listed below are the different types of log sheets based on the software program used to create them.
- Log Sheets in Google Docs
- Log Sheets in Google Sheets
- Log Sheets in Excel
- Log Sheets in Word
- Log Sheets in Numbers
- Log Sheets in Pages
- Log Sheets in PDF
Log Sheet Sizes
Log sheets may be printed on any paper size. All of the printable document templates shared in this article are available in the following paper printing sizes:
- US Letter: 216 mm by 279 mm or 8.5 inches by 11 inches
- US Legal: 216 mm by 356 mm or 8.5 inches by 14 inches
- A4: 210 mm by 297 mm or 8.27 inches by 11.69 inches
Log Sheet FAQs
What is a log sheet template?
A log sheet template is a pre-formatted document file that contains all the text placeholders, tables, labels, fonts, images, layout, and other elements needed to make a log sheet design.
What is the difference between a log sheet and a log book?
Log sheets and log books are basically the same things and both serve the main purpose. The latter term is used if multiple log sheets are compiled to form something like a book. Log books are used to stored lengthier and more comprehensive data.
What tools are used to make a log sheet?
Learn more about creating log sheets and other types of business documents by checking out the rest of our website. Also, do not forget to apply all the tips shared above into your next log sheet projects.