How to Design a University Certificate?
A university certificate is a printed document awarded to a student for his or her achievement. As the name implies, this type of certificate can and will only be issued by the university whose name and logo appear on the document.
According to Lauren Haley, recognition of small achievements can help boost one’s morale. This can be done as simple as giving an award certificate. Since there are things to consider when making certificates, it’s best that you take notes from our list of tips below.
1. Include a High-Quality Letterhead
Surely, your university should already have its own letterhead for all your letters, memos, and other documents. If it doesn’t, then it’s time to make one. Anyway, your certificate should have a letterhead that bears the logo, name, and other important details about your university.
2. Write the Recipient’s Complete Name
Certificates are like awards, they are valuable for its recipient. When designing a certificate, write the student’s complete name by including his or her first and last names, and a suffix if applicable. If you want, you can also include his or her title and middle initial.
3. Comprehensively Explain the Recipient’s Accomplishment
Aside from the recipient’s name on the certificate, there should also be a description of his or her achievement. This is written right below the recipient’s name. This explains to readers what the student was able to accomplish or complete that made him or her eligible to receive the certificate.
4. Don’t Use Too Many Font Styles
Achievement certificates consist mostly of text with subtle graphical enhancements. When writing the content, you’re allowed to use any font with two restrictions. First, you should only use fonts that look professional. Second, you can use either two or three font types for the whole format.
5. Choose the Right Type of Paper
The type of paper matters when printing certificates, use what’s recommended by experts. The most common stationery used is parchment paper, which helps give the certificate a unique look and feel. Refer to the FAQs below to know what other paper types can be used for printing certificates.
What are the different types of certificates?
- Certificate of completion.
- Diploma/Certificate of graduation.
- Certificate of recognition.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Certificate of achievement.
Why are award certificates important?
- Certificates signify that the person’s efforts are indeed recognized.
- Certificates can help the person in his or her future endeavors.
- Certificates are tangible links to the person’s impressive performance.
Why should achievements be recognized?
- It helps motivate people to continue working hard.
- It encourages other people to do the same.
- It increases the person’s productivity.
- It enables the person to develop discipline.
- It boosts the person’s self-esteem.
What are the important parts of a certificate?
- Name and logo of the issuing organization.
- Title of the certificate.
- Name or the recipient.
- Description of the recipient’s achievement.
- Date and location issued.
- Name and signature of the issuing persons.
What type of paper can be used for printing certificates?
- Parchment paper.
- Linen paper.
- Granite paper.