In order for a student, particularly a university student, to thrive with the expenses such as school and living expenses, having to budget the allowance received is a necessity. A student budget sample is outlines how the money received from a student loan or other sources will cover all the expenses a student needs in order to survive in school and in life. You may also see student samples.
95+ FREE STUDENT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
Student Budget Template
Weekly Student Budget Template
Student Budget Worksheet Template
There is no standard as to the format regarding the student budget. You can make your personal budget worksheet with a format comfortable for you or you can refer to the following student budget templates which gives various examples on how a student budget should be prepared.
College Student Budget Template
College Student Budget Worksheet Template
Budget Worksheet for College Student
Student Semester Budget Worksheet
Budget for Post Secondary Student
Annual Student Budget
How to Create a Student Budget on Excel
A student budget can be created with the use of a spreadsheet program, otherwise known as Excel, as shown on the college student budget samples of this website. For you to know how to procure your student budget using Excel, here are the steps you can follow along with the free budget templates as your guide:
- Type in budget column headings. Budgets are created aligned with the period you want covered. For a student, you might want to have daily, weekly, or monthly student budget depending on the source of money. In this regard, the column headings of your student budget must exhibit the time frame specified.
- Enumerate the expenses to be incurred. On the rows of the spreadsheet, as headings, list down the expenses you are going to incur within the period. Start with the larger expense covered such as rent as evident on the budget templates in PDF format on this website.
- Divide the money among expenses. Spread the money in accordance to how much you have to spend for each expense. If there is a balance after identifying all the costs to be incurred, you can refer to it as savings on the student budget.
- Sum up the expenses. Add the numerical digits you have inputted which represents the amount of each expense. The total must be equal to the total amount of money you are budgeting for.
Student Loan Budget Worksheet
Student Budget Planning Worksheet
Student Expense Budget
Tips to Student Budgeting
Having a student budget is essential in order not to leave out any necessary expenses to be paid for. Budgeting is hard especially if you do not stick to it. But with the aid of these sample budget worksheets in PDF and some tips, you’ll probably get through. The following are tips to student budgeting which you have to take note of:
- Keep track of your balances. Event budget samples are usually created by event planners in order to evaluate if they are still within the set budget. This works similarly if you follow a student budget. The ins and outs of your money must be recorded in your student budget record.
- Tone down with the personal expenses. There are more important expenses you have to spend than your personal wants and desires. Prioritize on your needs and limit your wants in student budgeting.
- Find work for additional income. There are part-time jobs you can do if you want to gain additional income while you are studying. Do this only if it does not jeopardize your study time and habits.
Student budgets are important to students to maintain a balance of the amount of money in cases of emergencies and required school projects. Monitoring student finances with the help of student budget templates will help you greatly in getting through university life avoiding the chances of being broke.