A Price Quotation is used by a business to quote the products and/or services that a client wants to purchase and acquire from them. Price quotations are very important in this particular business transaction as it includes all the details that need to be known by the buyer with regards to the items that will be sold to him/her.
We have collected a variety of price quotation samples and templates which you may all download from this post. Use our Quotation Templates as references in creating the price quotation document that can be beneficial to your business’ future undertakings.
Photography Price Quotation
Price Quote Sheet
Service Price Quotation
What is the Meaning of “Quotation” in a Business Transaction?
A quotation is a very important document used in specific business processes, which is why there is a need for a quotation template. A business uses a quotation for the following reasons:
- Quotations provide the details of the cost of the items, laying it out for the buyer.
- A quotation is the initial document that a business creates to give the description and pricing of the products and/or services they are offering.
- Clients depend on the information that can be seen in the quotation. With it, they can compare the offers of different businesses, basing their ultimate decision on who has the better offer.
Inclusions of a Price Quotation
An effective quotation should be complete with all the necessary details. This would be easy to achieve with the aid of a quote sheet template. It includes everything needed in any kind of quote. For specifics on price quotation, however, inclusions are as follows:
- The date when the price quotation was made
- The date of validity of the price quotation
- The items that the client would like to purchase
- The prices of the items present in the quotation
- The total number of units per item that the client would like to buy
- The overall price of the transaction
- The terms and conditions of the transaction present in the quotation
Sample Sales Quotation
Example of Quotation
How to Give a Customer a Price Quote
Using a price quotation will allow you to present your offering in a more business-like manner. A price quotation can be given to a customer through the following steps:
- Ask for the things based on the needs of the client.
- List down all the items that you can give to your client including their respective prices.
- Once all items have been listed, you may provide recommendations of additional items and/or services, the upgrades available for certain items, and even discounts for a certain purchase.
- Assess all the description of the items that the client wants to purchase. Ensure that you can provide all of them if you will place them in the quotation.
- Use any of our quotation examples as references in formatting the layout and content of your price quotation.
- Put the total amount of the transaction and ensure that all the information present in the document are accurate.
Remember that a well-curated price quotation can start a great business transaction with a company or establishment and a client. Make sure that you can present your business well by using a comprehensive price quotation.