In the business and professional realm, quotations play a pivotal role. It is considered as a pre contract agreement. They are used in order to clarify and forged new business and professional relationships. There are various types of quotations formats that are applicable to specific transactions. One widely used type is the price quotation.
Price Quotation Template
Price Quote Template
Food Price Quotation Template
There are innate technical aspects in drafting a price quotation. For some, they consider it as a stressful endeavor. However, that should not be the case. To help you plan and outline your price quotation, you can refer to our 6+ price quotation samples in that are of great quality and structure. For more quotation templates and ideas, check out the provided links.
Software Price Quote Template
Reminder The Prices in This Quotation Are Good for a Limited Template
Easy to Edit Price Quotation Template
Printable Prices in This Quotation are Good for a Limited Template
Sales Price Quotation Template
Request for Price Quote
Price Quotation Format
Sample Price Quotation Request
What Is a Price Quotation?
Generally, a quotation is a document that provides a detailed and estimated cost for a specific line of work or service, as defined by Oxford Dictionary. Specifically, a price quotation is a formal statement made by the seller to provide the buyer with a proposed list of goods or services with its corresponding charges and conditions of sale. You may also see Sales Quotation Templates.
Once the buyer accepts the quotation and affirms to its validity, the parties now will draft a contract to officially seal their agreement.
What’s the Difference between a Price Quote, Sales Order, and Invoice?
Most people consider a price quote, sales order, or invoice as synonymous. However, they serve different purposes. You cannot make use of such terms interchangeably. As per definition, a sales order serves as an official confirmation before the delivery of the purchased or ordered items. An invoice is a formal demand for payment may it be partial or full payment. It is not a contract nor a proposal.
If you want to learn more about price quotations, you can download our Word Format Quotation Templates which provides quotation format templates in doc form.
Request Goods Price
Price Warranty Quotation
Service Price Quotation Format
What Are Included in a Price Quotation?
In terms of basic components, the content of a price quotation may vary depending on the type of service or line of business. Generally, the following are essential components of a professional price quotation:
- Price quotation number. Each price quotation is numbered by business houses in order to track each one of them. They are mostly written at the top section of the document and are in bold letters.
- Date and other relevant contact details of the recipient of the quote. In here, you have to provide the name of the buyer and his or her contact details. In addition to this, you also need to provide the manner of delivery or the delivery details. You may also check out Business Quotation Templates.
- Expiry date. For most quotes, this is also referred to as the validity period.
- A list of quoted items. For most quotes, they adopt a table-like structure. In here, you need to provide the catalog number, quantity, a short description of the products, the price lists, net price, and the extension. If ever discounts are provided, you also need to include them in the table.
- Additional notes. In here, you can indicate other additional information and reminders addressed to the buyers.
For you to know how the following elements are accordingly arranged in a document, check out our price quotation templates on our website.