In order for a company to make sure that all the inventories of the business, like products, materials, and office supplies, are well accounted for, the company must have an inventory sheet to aid the assigned employee in managing it. A well-accounted for inventory is essential for the company especially for business industries dealing with manufacturing or retailing of goods.
There are different inventory sheet sample templates you can use in providing the necessary inventory sheets for the operations of your business. Aside from that, periodic inventory sheets are available for your perusal. Some of which are daily, monthly, and annual sheet templates.
Inventory Count Sheet
Inventory Log Sheet
Kinds of Inventory Sheet Templates
As part of the job description shown on the job sheet templates, an inventory personnel should be able to record accurate inventory information in order for the company to have accurate financial and management reports. The following are the kinds of inventory templates provided for your perusal on this website:
- Inventory Count Sheet – This is a sheet template outlined in particular for inventory counting. Products are manually counted and recorded to reconcile with the computed ending inventory of the company’s books.
- Inventory Log Sheet – Inventory that is received by the company from the supplier is recorded on this sheet template. This becomes the purchases of the company within the period.
- Inventory Track Sheet – This sheet example in Word format template provides check boxes that aids in monitoring each item’s activity.
- Product Data Sheet – This sheet template focuses on the information for each item to be produced or to be sold.
- Inventory Control Sheet – This sample instruction sheet template presents the measures to be taken in controlling inventory. This sheet template aims to maintain inventory on stable levels enough to provide for the sales of the company.
- Inventory Transfer Sheet – With this inventory sheet example in PDF format, transfers of inventory from production centers to delivery is indicated on this inventory sheet.
Blank Inventory Sheet
Vehicle Inventory Data Sheet
Product Inventory Transfer Sheet
Pros and Cons of Using Inventory Sheet Templates
Most inventory sheets of businesses are created with the use of word processing or spreadsheet programs similar to the sample sheets in Excel templates presented on this website. The following are the pros and cons of using inventory sheet templates in Word and in Excel:
- The employees of the company are mostly familiar with the usage of Word and Excel computer software programs when it comes to making company reports.
- The Word and Excel computer software programs are easy to handle and are available for use making it preferable for the creation of inventory sheet templates.
- There are risks associated with having only an individual generate the information on the inventory sheet together with the risks of having only one master inventory sheet.
- There’s an additional need to ensure the accuracy of the information on the sheet and the computations made to complete the inventory sheet.
Inventory sheet templates works similar to training sheet templates in the sense that both of these sheet templates are created to aid the inventory personnel or the trainer in monitoring how effective and efficient the progress implemented strategies are. Make sure to avail of the inventory sheet templates on this website to aid your inventory management.