A payroll sheet is used to document the days that an individual has been present to work and the equivalent monetary value of the services that the employee has rendered in a particular time period. You can use any Sheet Templates or you can also select to download some of our payroll templates and samples in creating this document.
A payroll sheet may be similar compared to a Balance Sheet but in a smaller scale. Balance sheets talk about the business’ income and expenditure balance while payroll sheets discuss an employee’s income and other items that can affect it. We have collected a number of payroll sheet templates and samples so you can have references in making your own payroll sheet.
Payroll Sheet Template
Payroll Worksheet Template
Payroll Weekly Timesheet Template
Payroll Timesheet Calculator Template
Payroll Accrual Spreadsheet Template
Payroll Summary Sheet
Bi-Weekly Payroll Time Sheet
Weekly Certified Payroll Sheet
Payroll Sheet Sample
Inclusions of a Payroll Sheet
An employee payroll sheet, is a very important tool in the human resource department as with it will dictate the amount of money that will be given to the employees. More so, it also collates the work performance of employees based on their attendance. Using sheet templates in Excel can help you a lot in creating a payroll sheet.
Basic printable sheet templates used in payroll recording include the following information:
- The department where the employee is assigned
- The name of the employee
- The job position of the employee
- The time period included in the payroll
- The date when the payroll was filled
- The identification number of the employee
- The number of hours an employee has rendered in a specified period of time. Sign out sheet templates would be a great help to track the number of hours an employee has rendered.
- The work dates (such as holidays) with special compensation packages. You may need term sheet templates to list down the terms agreed upon by both the company and employee.
- The hours rendered for overtime
- The sick and vacation leaves and whether they will be paid or not
- Other information that may be needed by the human resource department with regards to the payroll details of an individual
Example of Payroll Sheet
Free Monthly Payroll Sheet
3 Tips for Setting Up a New Company’s Payroll Sheet
Starting up a company is truly hard especially in terms of all the transactions specific to the legal operations of a business. One of the items a start-up needs to deal with is its payroll sheet. Some of the tips that you may follow in setting up a payroll sheet if you are a new company are as follows:
- Use any of our free sheet templates as your references in creating your company’s payroll sheet. This will help you to have an easier job in formatting this document.
- Make sure that you will specify the dates where additional pay rates apply. Using Overtime Sheet Templates will be very helpful in assuring that you know the number of extra hours that an employee has rendered his / her services outside the daily work hours requirement.
- Be aware of all the items that are needed to be placed in your payroll sheet like the pay rates of your employees, the number of employees that you have, and the taxes that you need to pay for your work force operations.
There may still be a lot to do when starting a new company but having a structured and well-designed payroll sheet can already lead you to a good start.