- File Formats
When it comes to running a company, authority figures such as managers or supervisors must be able to ensure that employees arrive at their scheduled shifts. They’ll need to keep track of when these people come to work to see as to whether or not there any problems in terms of their attendance.
One of the best possible tools to help them out with that is a sign in sheet. And that’s why this article is going to teach you all that you need to know in order for you to come up with your very own sign-in sheet.
If you’re going to be making this type of document, then it’s best that you know what its basic elements are. If you know what they are, then you should have no problems in terms of making sure that all the information you’ll want will be presented in the sign in sheet.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that any good staff sign-in sheet should have:
1. Title: The first thing that you’ll need to do is to make sure that the document contains a proper title. This will specifically spell out for which staff the document is for. When making the title, make sure that it’s direct in terms of pointing who its meant for. For example, if the sign in sheet is specifically for those in the cleaning department, then you’ll want a title such as “Cleaning Staff Sign In Sheet”.
2. Date: You’re going to want to place the date which the sign in sheet is for. This will specifically tell you what day a number of employees have shown up for work. Make sure that you write down the completion date as you’ll want to make sure that you’re able to keep track of when it was signed.
3. Time: Much like the date, this is equally just as important. You need to see if these employees were able to sign in to work on time, or if there were any that were tardy. So you’re going to have to include slots where employees can place the time that they’ve managed to arrive and start working.
4. Names: It should be obvious that a sample sign-in sheet would be incomplete if there are no names whatsoever. So what you’re going to have to is to have empty spaces wherein staff members can place their names. You’ll want them to provide their complete names as that will make it much easier for you to keep track of their attendance.
Now that you’ve managed to learn what it is that should be inside sign-in sheet, the next is for you to learn how you should go about in making one. Although this is something that won’t exactly be too difficult, you’re still going to have to make sure that it has everything that it needs to get the information you want.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will help you come up with a proper sign-in sheet:
1. Understand What Type of Sign In Sheet You Should Make: Before you even begin to come up with one, you must be able to figure out the exact type that you’re supposed to make. This is something that you’ll want to do immediately as knowing the function of the sheet will help you keep track of your staff.
For instance, if you want to make it a sign in sheet that will help you assess the attendance of your staff on a monthly basis, then you simply need to come up with a monthly staff sign-in sheet.
2. Make Sure to Provide the Date:: It cannot be stressed enough as to how important it is that you include the date for which the sign in sheet is for. Again, this will help you know what specific day you’re keeping track of your staff’s attendance. Also, the dates that you’ll be providing will depend on what kind of sign-in sheet you make. For example, a weekly staff sign-in sheet will contain the dates for the entire week.
When writing down the date, you have to make sure that you include the month, day, and year. That way, you’ll know exactly when the sign-in sheet is supposed to be used for.
3. Provide the Necessary Spaces for Basic Information: Finally, you’ll come to the point of the sheet where you’re going to have to place spaces so staff can write down their basic information. If you want to be able to know he came into work and who didn’t, then you’re going to have to do it.
Remember that you want these people to provide their complete names into the sheet. Make sure that they have their first names, last names, and middle initials in the staff sign-in sheet. Also, you may want them to add additional information that will help you out in terms of assessing their attendance records. For example, you may want to provide a space where they can provide their complete job title or one that will tell you what department they’re designated in.
If you’re going to make staff sign-in sheets, then know that there are many different types. The reason for this is because they help you keep track of employee attendance for different situations. By knowing what these types are, you should have an idea as to which one you’re supposed to make. So here are a few examples of what you can make:
If you want to learn how to make other types of sheets, then all you have to do is to go through our site until you get the information that you need.
Take note that if you’re going to make a staff sign-in sheet, it’s best that you know that it’s the standard size of 8.5 by 11 inches. That would be the typical size of an A4 and US. Know that you should stick with the standard size if you want to make it look more professional. Although you can go with sizes that are either slightly larger or smaller, it pays to stick with the standard and it’s definitely recommended.
You should know that there are many different Word or Excel programs that will allow you to make your own staff sign-in sheet. If you’re planning to use either, then you should go with the ones that have the tools you need, as well as the ones that are relatively easy to use. In the end, it’s all a matter of one’s personal preference so just choose the one that you’ll be comfortable with in terms of using.
Yes. What you’re going to need is a staff sign in sheet template and the program that you’ve chosen to install. Use the program to open the template so that you can make whatever changes you want to it. If you like, you can make use of the templates that are available in this article should you wish to do so.
So long as you make the most out of the information that’s presented in this article, then you shouldn’t have any problems when it comes to making a staff sign-in sheet.