In managing business and commercial transactions, timelines are great tools that you can explore and use. As a graphical representation, a timeline chart is used in tracking recruitment processes especially in ensuring that everything is in order and every process is complied with.
Business managers also use documents like an office timeline in making making business plans and projects. Timelines provide structure and system to a particular business transaction or process. To help you craft your own business and professional timelines, you can learn from our set of timeline templates that showcase different timeline formats and styles.
New Product Development
Client Engagement Timeline
Types of Timeline Templates
To have a clearer view as to the application and use of a timeline template, let’s examine some of our templates below:
- Business Timeline Templates – In documenting business processes, these templates can help you a lot. They can help you build business protocols or layout the progression or origins of a particular business approach or methodology.
- Project Timeline Templates – In dealing with project management, project timelines are considered as the core tool used in the preparation and execution of a certain project. By referring to high quality project timeline templates, you can monitor the conduct of your project and ensure that every member of the team is on the same page.
- Recruitment Timeline Templates – For recruitment processes, timelines are used to layout the series of stages that comprise an application and other recruitment processes.
- Marketing Timeline Templates – In most marketing timeline templates in Word or in PDF, the common components being used are the time period, actual date of completion of the marketing program or project, the tools to be used, the person responsible, and other important notes.
- Wedding Timeline Templates – Aside from the business timeline templates, there are also timelines that are available for wedding celebrations. Wedding organizers can use these sample timelines for reference and inspiration.
Project Work Plan and Timeline
Action Plan and Timeline
What Are the Common Elements of a Project Timeline?
The structure and components of a timeline would truly depend on the purpose and usage of the timeline. It is clear that project timelines and event timeline templates should be treated differently. However, there are common components or elements that most timelines contain such as the following:
- The series of tasks or items – As you may observe in free timeline template samples, a timeline includes either a list of tasks or a list of programs for a specific endeavor.
- Schedule or dates – As the name itself suggests, timelines would not be complete without the existence of dates and schedules. The schedules are used for project managers or task managers to know and set reasonable expectations as to the duration of the activity or work.
- Persons responsible – In every project timelines, the designated or assigned persons must be indicated. In pursuing a certain project, the delineation of responsibilities must be clear and definite. These are also significant in terms of monitoring the progress of a certain task.
- Remarks or comments – For documentation purposes, you can also include a section in your timeline which caters to your comments and other relevant information.