Timelines are not just exclusively used for academic purposes. They are also excellent presentation and documentation tool that are useful in tracking projects, business operations, and implementing private and public services.
A management timeline is used by supervisors and executives in outlining the salient events and management plans of a certain business operation. Furthermore, an office timeline would also be a great avenue for employees and employers to outline their expectations and in sorting out employment priorities. To help you build your own timelines, you can gain insights from our set of timeline templates that showcase strategies and timeline designs.
Project Timeline Templates
Project Plan and Timeline
Timeline for Multiple Project
Wedding Timeline Templates
Timeline of Wedding and Reception
Timeline of Photography
Wedding Day Timeline
Why Are Timelines Relevant to Business Operations?
Timelines are one of the building blocks of a well-written business plan. A business plan will be incomplete without a straightforward and well-planned timeline. Timeline templates in Word and PDF provide timeline ideas that you can use during your brainstorming and discussion sessions. Bear in mind that business timelines do not come out from a vacuum. The details incorporated in the timeline must be supported by substantial proof coupled with extensive research and planning.
On another note, timelines are also relevant for those who are planning to start a new business. New business timeline templates showcase sample timelines about the common stages that most business ventures must comply with.
How About for Students?
Timelines are considered as superheroes when it comes to academic lectures and discussions. They make complicated and technical subject matters easy to discuss and present specifically in the case of history professors and instructors. It is also a good practice for teachers to teach students the importance of using timelines and how it can help them in their academic endeavors. They can show students some timeline templates for students which are good references and personal timeline templates, if you want to encourage the latter to practice making one.
Activity Timeline Templates
Free Activity Timeline
Budget Timeline Templates
Administration & Finance Budget
Career Timeline Templates
Professional Career Development Timeline for Students
College Career Timeline
Popular Examples of Timeline Templates
To know how timelines work their magic, you can review some of the popular examples of timeline templates:
- Project Timeline Templates – In a project management plan, project timelines are created to correspond to the planned activities and tasks. The timelines will serve as a constant reminder to project managers to meet the clients expectations and to ultimately finish the project on time.
- Wedding Timeline Templates – Planning the dynamics of a wedding is not that easy. Wedding organizers have to consider the number of guests, the venue, the menu for the reception, and many more. That is why wedding timelines play a key role in organizing and implementing a wedding plan. These timeline templates are perfect for wedding organizers or for the soon-to-be married couples, if ever they want to plan and organize their own wedding.
- Career Timeline Templates – There are also career timelines that you may refer to. If you want to map out your career plan, the timelines provided will show you how career planning and assessment works. These are great avenues for you discern and think about the type of career field you want to pursue. To add, there career timelines provided that you may want to review.
- Keynote Timeline Template – These type of timelines provide details as to the amount of work you are required to render and complete for a particular client. To add, you can also edit the formatting elements of the said timeline.
- Research Timeline Templates PDF – Regardless of the type of research you’re about to conduct, research timelines are very important. The timeline guides the actions and decisions of the researchers in the performance of their research plans and data gathering methodologies. It will also help them manage their time efficiently. In the timeline itself, you may include elements such as the date set for a research activity, the needed materials and documents, and the insights or realizations after the conduct of the activity.
Campaign Timeline Templates
Capital Campaign Timeline
Marketing Timeline Template
Company Timeline Template
Timeline for Corporate Company
The Basics of Creating a Timeline in MS Excel
Other than the business timeline templates, there are also tools that you may use to create and build timelines. MS Excel is an excellent timeline generating tool that you may want to explore. In line with this, you can refer to the following steps:
- Launch and open a new spreadsheet in Excel. Once opened, you can start listing out the key events or important dates of your business operation of project. In MS Excel, significant events are considered as milestones.
- Create a scatter chart. To create a scatter chart, you need to click on the Insert tab and then select the scatter or bubble chart menu. Then, you can add a milestone data.
- Once you’re done formatting your scatter chart, you can now turn it into a timeline. You have to execute the necessary adjustments and formatting modifications so that you will generate your desired timeline.
As for the styling options, there are a variety of choices that you can refer to. You can adopt different color schemes to emphasize significant points and events. These are just the basics. You need to consider that some timelines may demand different treatments such as in the case of construction timeline templates.
Renovation Timeline Template
Timeline for Building Renovation
Daily Timeline Templates
Timeline for Conference Plan
Job Timeline Templates
Job Search Timeline
New Employee Task
Research Timeline Templates
Timeline for Research Sample
How to Enhance the Quality of Timelines
After going over the set of templates, it is about time that you start building your timeline. You need to consider that timelines are mere tools. It all boils down to how you will use it to effectively carry out the purpose of the timeline. Here are some tips that you may consider:
- Understand the whole story that your timeline aims to convey. Every timeline has a story to tell. This means that you need to sort out your timeline and include the events that you consider as relevant. Avoid bombarding your audience with too much information because it will defeat the purpose of the timeline which is to make learning easy and convenient.
- Choose the right timeline design. Even if the content of the timeline is considered as the star, the design aspects should also be considered especially when you want to capture the attention of your audience. For advertising timeline templates, the designs are vibrant and appealing to the eyes. By the nature of advertising which is product promotion and brand mainstreaming, the design elements must be emphasized.
- Use a professional and consistent formatting. Consistency is very significant in dealing with timelines. An inconsistent formatting can lead to a cluttered and disorganized timelines.