In 2014, a rise of different design trends for we design and user interface has been very significant even nowadays. One of these trends is the ghost button. Ghosts buttons are a type of call to action elements which appears on websites and apps that are transparent and empty in nature and has a thin border and a text label that is located within the body of the ghost button.
Ghost buttons have been popular among websites that use a minimalist or flat type of design. Their popularity stems from the effectiveness of its subtle design, which gives more prominence to the other design elements on the page. Take a look at our compilation of ghost buttons to download and use below. Also, don’t forget to check out our other UI Button Designs available on the website.
4729+ Graphic Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, HTML5, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Ghost Home Button
Simple Ghost Buttons
Website with Ghost Button
Vintage Ghost Button
Modern Ghost Button
The Advantages of Using Ghost Buttons
Indeed, a beautiful transparent button can perform a neat magic trick of merging itself seamlessly within a site while successfully attracting the user’s eye. Here are some other positive aspects that ghost buttons contribute to any design experience.
- They are easy to create. Ghost buttons are usually bigger than your average colored button and can sometimes occupy the whole page. So, they are easy to create with Illustrator, Photoshop, or any graphic-editing software.
- They are not trivial and unsubstantial. Although they aren’t difficult to make, they are not necessarily unimportant as they are used to give an uncomplicated user experience while giving the design an elegant look.
- They integrate easily on any design. Since most ghost buttons are actually empty spaces, they can integrate themselves well with most of the other design elements and many different styles you use on your website.
- They are modern and fresh. Even if they were born in 2014, the use of ghost buttons found its peak around a few years ago, so you are rest assured that using this makes your design modern and fresh.
For more button designs, take a look at our collection of Star Buttons available on the site!
Free Ghost PSD Button
Ghost Blog Social Button
The Disadvantages of Using Ghost Buttons
We now know that ghost buttons are popular and can be seen on a wide variety of websites, but even so, they aren’t appropriate for all sites. they also have some negative points that should be taken into consideration before integrating them into your website.
- They are becoming mainstream. Using ghost bullets unnecessarily just to follow trends can be damaging. They have the tendency of disappearing into the crowd.
- They can be lost in a sea of elements. These buttons veer away from the established web design concept, so it is easy for them to be lost and spotting them can be hard.
- They may cause problems in legibility. The transparency of ghost buttons can cause problems in legibility, especially if you are using photographic backgrounds.
- They draw less user’s attention. In contrast with solid-colored buttons, ghost buttons are less likely to draw a user’s attention especially if there are more elements on the page.
In conclusion, the button is essential to the goals of a website, inviting users to click on it to discover more about the website. If a ghost button is not well placed, it would defeat its own purpose. So, make sure to use them carefully to achieve a beautifully crafted design.
While you’re here, don’t forget to check out our Login & Logout Buttons as well!