Although they are sometimes trivial and may seem like a very simple user interaction element, buttons are essential in any Web design as they serve as the communication line between the website and its user. An everyday element in the world of Web design, creating an effective toggle button means creating not just stylish and trendy but functional elements that will help grab attention and entice users to click, navigate, and learn more about your website and what it offers.
One common type of button that you can see on websites and apps nowadays are toggle buttons. A toggle button allows the user to change a setting between two states such as check or unchecked, on or off, and yes or no. Here, you can find a compilation of Toggle Buttons that you can download and use on your Web design projects and help you create effective controls that will surely improve the user experience of your designs, along with other app button designs available on our website.
4729+ Graphic Templates in Word | PSD | InDesign | Apple Pages | HTML5 | Publisher | Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
On and Off Toggle Buttons
Black Toggle Buttons
Toggle Power Buttons
Toggle Social Media Switch Buttons
Flat Toggle Buttons
Properties of Toggle Buttons
As a toggle button have two states, each state can trigger its own state of action. Also, toggle buttons are placed in a set which means that only one button can be enabled or checked at a time, and all other buttons are automatically unchecked. There are also two types of toggle buttons.
- Simple Toggle Button. The most common type of toggle buttons. It executes one or more actions through the use of the checked and unchecked triggers. Although they are simple, they allow you to modify its visible text and overall look such as color and size.
- Image Toggle Button. The image toggle button has the same qualities with the simple one but with images of your choice to skin it, including making it appear like glossy buttons. Using this kind of button, you have to reference four pictures to respectively skin the different states of the image toggle button.
Metal Toggle Switch Buttons
Vector Toggle Buttons
Toggle Button PSD Design
Minimal Flat Toggle Buttons
How to Design Your Toggle Buttons
Whether you’re a designer or Web builder, here are some design techniques that you should consider when applying toggle buttons and other buttons in your Web interfaces.
- Clearly label buttons. Users avoid interface elements without a clear meaning or leave the site altogether if they cannot find the buttons on the page immediately. Thus, each button should have a clear and distinct level that will make it easier to find.
- Keep it consistent. Regular users of the Internet remember details in the pages they visit and usually associate a particular element into a button. Using a toggle button that is consistent with most website ensures a more familiar experience for your users.
- Make buttons look like buttons. You have to be careful in choosing the right composition such as proper visual signifiers and clickable elements for your button design. Consider shapes, shadows and highlights, too.
- Make sure it does what it’s supposed to do. Toggle buttons should be able to perform the task that it is supposed to do. Otherwise, it will confuse your users and make them less confident in selecting the correct action, eventually discouraging them to continue.
As a designer, you will always have your own way to design Web page elements but using predesigned styles, such as the toggle buttons listed on this page as well as the flat button designs available on another article can obviously save you a lot of time. So, don’t hesitate to download your choice now!