- Card-making is an ever-evolving art form. A couple of decades ago, one would need to procure specific card stock or paper and fill out forms in the post office before people can send a greeting card. People also could not have conceived of sending cards electronically through a computer. Now, in the digital age, card-making is possible by the transmission of encrypted 1s and 0s through email and social media posts. Therefore, an ultimate card-making guide is no longer limited to creating physical cards but now also involves creating cards digitally.
Nevertheless, creating cards (whether these are formal ones like business cards or informal ones like birthday cards) by hand is still a common practice. But in order to make this method more efficient, card designs in PSD format have been developed for the use of enthusiasts.
206+ FREE CARD Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI)
What are Card Designs in PSD?
So, you might be wondering: what exactly does PSD stand for? Well, PSD is an acronym for Photoshop Document. It is a file type created for any digital information stored using the image editing software called Adobe Photoshop. AÂ card design template created using Adobe Photoshop will be saved with a .psd file name extension.
In this article, we will talk about the different ways that you can choose a PSD card design and how to customize your selection to make it all your own.
Animals Birthday Invitation Card
Birthday Party Card Design
Anniversary Post Card Design
Printable Business Card Template
Creative Menu Card Design
Chalkboard Thank You Cards
Birthday Greeting Card Pack
Wedding invitation card
Company Anniversary Card Template
Mermaid Girl Birthday Invitation
Why You Should Use Cards Designs in PSD Format
There are different ways to approach any card design project—from hand crafting cards to sending electronic cards. The options can be endless, especially if you start doing some research on the topic online. But depending on your creative proclivities, you may decide that you can start with using a card design in PSD format instead of doing things manually. Enumerated below are five reasons why you may need to use PSD card templates. Mentally tick each item that applies to your situation to find out if this is the right course of action for you.
- To Save Money.Â Armed with just a computer, you may begin creating any kind of card design. And with the help of pre-made card design templates in PSD format, you can create realistic art without having to buy and assemble the pieces for your card design. Yes, there is an associated cost for buying premium card design templates online, which is not an option if you have a limited budget. But if you know where to look, you may certainly take advantage of free card designsÂ that would serve your needs as well.
- To Save Time. Another factor to consider for any card-making project is the amount of time that you have to complete the project. If you are only thinking of creating a Motherâ€™s Day card for your own mother, then you may certainly conceptualize and create the whole thing by hand during one of your free weekend afternoons. However, if you are thinking of creating multiple Holiday Greeting Card designs for all your friends and relatives, you have to allow yourself a significant amount of time to create all those cards since this would require a lot of effort on your part. So if you find out that you will not have time to create customized cards for all your loved ones, then that is when you should consider using card designs in PSD instead.
- To Use Different Media for Card-Making. If you want to further develop your skill in card-making, you may use different card designing techniques in order achieve different results in your art. One way to do this is by using a different medium like card design PSDs in your card project. Making cards digitally is a lot different from physically cutting, gluing, and designing cards. It requires a different set of skills. If you want to learn a lot more about this type of artful expression, you may begin by using card templates.
- To Help Reduce Stress. For other people, card-making is a form of self-expression and emotional release. If this is your goal for creating card designs, you may still achieve them by making a card using templates in PSD format. If you choose this route, you will be doing your editing and designing tasks through software programs like Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator. There are also free editing software like Gimp and Paint that you could try out. Whatever editing tool and file format you choose, the end result will be a less stressed you since you have had the time to express yourself through your art while creating something beautiful you can share with the special people in your life.
- To Conserve Your Energy. PSD card designs are pre-made by another person. So when you use these card templates, you will not only save time and money but you will also save on the amount of effort and energy you would otherwise spend on the card designing aspect of the project. This means that you can save your mental and physical energies for doing other things—a factor that is especially important for those who have jobs or other things to do throughout their day. An example is when a bride, a friend or relative of the bride, or a wedding planner plans a wedding. There are so many little tasks that need to be done in order to have a successful wedding event, and creating wedding invitation cards is one of them. Therefore, a wedding planner can just use wedding card templates in PSD, save time and energy on creating the card him/herself, and devote her remaining energies to other important tasks. It is a win for all parties involved.
- You Want to Sell Your Card Designs. If you are of an entrepreneurial nature, you may use your card-making skills to earn money. However, creating single card designs manually is not that feasible especially if you want to increase your profit margins. A solution to this issue is by mass producing your card designs by converting them into a PSD file format. This way, a lot of people can order the same card design without requiring you to create a unique card design for each customer. True, there is a market for one-of-a-kind card designs and some people would be willing to pay a premium price for items that they can claim as being completely unique. But if you want to cater to as many customers as possible and maximize your earning potential, then going digital and selling PSD card design templates is the way to go.