Budgets are essential for both individuals and companies. The use of a budget allows you to see how much you are spending and receiving for a given period. A business budget shows an example on how the budget aids management in the cutting of costs on purchases of the company.
But this budget format may not be applicable to budgets handled by individuals. The most common format for any budget type is with the use of a budget spreadsheet as shown on the budget templates provided on this website. They are available and are downloadable in PDF formats for your perusal.
Annual Budget Template
Annual Household Budget
Business Budget Templates
Business Development & Marketing Sample Budget
Monthly Business Budget
Budget for Start-up Business
Blank Budget Templates
Blank Weekly Budget
What Is a Budget?
A budget pertains to a financial plan created for the purpose of overseeing and monitoring of transactions involving money for a specified period of time. There are various formats to follow when creating a budget, which depends on the nature and the purpose the budget is made for.
University students can use the format as suggested by the simple budget template, while travelers can opt for the format of the travel budget template.
What to Include in a Budget
There are several points to consider when it comes to making a budget. Whether the budget is personal or corporate as depicted on the different sample budget templates in Word and budget templates in Excel, the following points are always present:
- Financial Goals – A budget is created in consideration to the financial goals you want to achieve for yourself or for your business. In this regard, you must make financial goals which are reachable and attainable.
- Source of Income – Income sources may not be from work particularly for college students. They might be from loans or allowances which you receive within a given period. The description pertaining to when your income is received must be indicated on the budget since this becomes the basis in dividing the income among expenses.
- Cost of Expenses – This include the utilities and necessities you face within a given period. Utilities pertain to rent, electricity and water and necessities would mean daily expenses which includes food.
Company Budget Template
Small Company Budget
Conference Budget Template
Budget of Church Conference
Classifications of Budget Templates
In order for you to have less difficulty in browsing through the various sample budget templates provided on this website, the following is a list of information regarding the classifications of budget template formats as presented for your perusal:
Nature Formatted Budget Templates:
- Business Budget Template – This template is created in accordance with the generated budget plan from past business performance.
- Company Budget Template – Companies, especially startup ones, must be able to maintain a budget as depicted on this template for the company to grow or to be stable.
- Event Budget Template – Event proposals such as conferences and conventions are made together with this type of budget template, as illustrated on the sample conference budget template on this website.
- Expense Budget Template – Disbursements of the company is planned ahead for the management to know how much money to release for the expenses on a given period.
- Family Budget Template – Households are subject to the creation of budgets such as this template in order to attend to the necessities of the family.
- Project Budget Template – Projects such as construction projects are devised with a budget as depicted on this template serving as a guide for the purchases needed for the project.
- Personal Budget Template – This template can be used by students and health personnel in monitoring funds reserved for particular expenses.
Event Budget Templates
Individual Fundraising Event
Expense Budget Templates
College Expense Budget
Expense Budget for Travel
External Expense Budget
Family Budget Templates
Military Family Budget
Project Budget Templates
Budget for Construction Project
Guidelines for an Effective Budget
Proper outlining of the budget is essential in order to attain the results with which the budget was created for. In order to have an effective budget for yourself, you family, or your company, here are the guidelines you can follow through while browsing the free budget templates and the budget templates in Word format, as follows:
- Track your expenditures. It is essential for an entity to learn how to monitor expenses in order to stay within the budget created. There are budget tracking templates you can use in order to keep a record of all expenses incurred.
- Set aside money for your savings. When dividing the funds among expenses, it is important to set aside a portion of that income as savings which will serve as a backup for unexpected circumstances.
- Identify priorities. Cover the necessary expenses first before providing for less important expenses. Living necessities such as room, food, electricity and water must be allotted a large portion of the funds to be allocated.
- Suit your lifestyle within budget. Similar to how marketing budget templates are made fit effective marketing tactics within budget, your lifestyle must also depict the budget you are following. The needs of an entity weighs over the wants when it comes to budgets.
- Use cash as mode of payment. It is easier to manage and to monitor purchases when you use cash as the mode of payment instead of using debit and credit cards.
Financial Budget Template
Yearly Financial Budget
General Budget Templates
General Grant Budget
General HR Budget
Library Budget Templates
Academic Library Budget
Budget for School Library
Personal Budget Templates
Student Personal Budget
Personal Health Budget
Tips in Using Budget Templates
In order to have less difficulty in managing your budget, you can make use of the various budget templates on the web like the yearly budget templates and the expenditure budget templates of this website. Follow these tips when using these budget templates:
- Always choose the right template. Budget templates provided on the web cater to particular types of budget. In this connection, you must be able to decipher the budget template that is most appropriate and understandable to you as the creator of the budget.
- Note that these templates can be customized. Easily customized templates entail downloading the right format to run the template on a certain processing program. There are budget templates in Word, Excel and PDF formats which can be editable and printable for your use.
- Input the right information on the template. Type in the expenses you listed on your budget outline once the budget template is opened on the related processing program. Allocate the funds on your expenses in the proper manner and division in order to attain the goals set for the budget.
Certain formats on budgets may be applicable to only a few entities but the information being presented on these budgets cover one and the same for all types which is to aid the entity in managing and in monitoring funds. These budget templates in PDF formats can be your source of budget template when making for a budget.