The importance of having a well-written and comprehensive agreement must not be understated. Nowadays, poorly written agreements are the reasons why conflicts and disputes occur, whether in a business, learning, training environment, or other social engagements. General agreements provide a certain framework that uphold both the personal and propriety rights of those that are affected by it.
In line with this, we have a variety of printable agreement templates that you can refer to. Bear in mind that agreement forms define and guide the relationship between parties. By using the provided templates, you can enrich both the content and structure of your contracts.
Roommate Rental Agreement Form Template
Car Loan Agreement Form Template
Chief Agent Agreement Short Form Template
Software Distribution Agreement Long Form Template
Share Subscription Agreement Private Long Form Template
Employee Agreement Forms
Contract Employee Agreement Form
Sample Employment Agreement
Contractor Agreement Forms
Contractor Safety Agreement
Sub-Contractor Agreement Form
Types of Information that You Should Not Include in Your Agreement
Generally, an agreement is willingly made by the parties. As what you’ve observed, sample agreement forms showcase specific components that correspond to a particular purpose. Aside from the essential sections of an agreement, you also have to know what types of information are not welcome in an agreement. Consider the following:
- Provisions that hamper one of the participating party to exercise his or her fundamental rights – Depending on the prevailing laws of your country, an unlawful provision can render the agreement void either partially or in its entirety.
- Vague stipulations – In a loan agreement forms, the creditor is expected to define and specify the terms and conditions of the loan such as the terms of repayment, application of payments, terms that govern the actions of both parties in cases that the debtor defaulted in the payment of the borrowed amount.
- Illicit object or subject matter of the agreement – It is a generally accepted rule that the object of an agreement must be legal. Stipulations and provisions must be made in accordance to law.
These are some points that you should consider in drafting your agreement. Furthermore, some parties also execute non-compete agreement forms, which are legal and binding. Some make agreements about such while others insert a clause regarding it to ensure that employees will not be involve or be employed in a similar profession or trade that is in competition against the company the latter is currently employed to.
General Agreement Forms
Sales Agency Agreement
Tenancy Services Agreement
Agreement Form for General Business Associate
Hire Agreement Forms
Work for Hire Agreement
Job Agreement Forms
Agreement for Job Consultancy
Types of Agreements and Templates
- Employment Agreement Templates – These type of agreement binds the relationship of the employer and the employee. This type of agreement includes period for the validity of the contract, the duties and obligations of both parties, the compensation package and other relevant incentives and benefits, and other important legal clauses that the employer may adopt.
- Lease Agreement Form Templates – Like rental agreement forms, these templates deals with proprietary rights of the parties. These type of agreement deals with personal or real properties that would be possessed by the lessee for a reasonable consideration and specific period. By reviewing the templates, you can learn more the dynamics of lease agreements.
- Sample Partnership Agreement Forms – A partnership agreement is a type of a business structure that governs the relationship between partners that could either be a general partner or a limited partner. Partners must be very keen in drafting the provisions of their agreement as to the scope of the contribution, distribution of losses and profits, terms for dissolution, and many more.
- Independent Contractor Agreement Form Sample – If a certain company avails the services of an independent contractor, the said parties will execute an independent contractor agreement form. This agreement will ensure that the independent contractor does unilaterally come up with decisions that are against the stipulations in the contract.
- Other legal agreement templates – If you’re looking for legal agreements that deals with family relations, management, real estate, and many more, there are free agreement templates that you can download. For lawyers who are dealing with cases that pertain to legal separation, there are sample forms that you can refer to. In terms of management, there are management agreements that are usually used by providers of management services. Some of the salient components of such are the administrative obligations, payment arrangements, decision-making clauses, termination clauses, and many more.
Payment Agreement Forms
Sample Payment Plan
Lease Agreement Forms
Blank Lease Agreement
Security Agreement Forms
Agreement for Security Loan
Vendor Agreement Forms
The Basics of Writing an Agreement
In writing an agreement, there are basic principles that you should take note such as the following:
- Organization – Agreements must be cohesive, comprehensive and well-organized. One way of ensuring that is by selecting appropriate headers and sub-headers. Additionally, the paragraphs must be logical, clear, and systematic.
- Accuracy – Bear in mind that your agreement reflects the true intention of the parties. It should be accurate which means that all relevant information must be added in the agreement and all clauses must be clearly written especially confidentiality agreement forms that could led to unfavorable legal consequences if violated.
- Style – You need to adopt a formal style of writing because agreements are legal documents by nature. Consistency will also enhance the readability and quality of your agreements. You need to take note of appropriate action words that will be used in the stipulations and provisions.
And lastly, you need to research for credible and high quality references such as templates. There are agreement templates that are pre-formatted such as in the case of blank lease agreement forms. All you have to do is modify the terms and other necessary adjustments.
Work Agreement Form Templates
Return to Work Agreement
Legal Agreement Forms
Agreement Form for Legal Separation
Legal Rental Agreement
Management Agreement Forms
Partnership Agreement Forms
Real Estate Partnership
Agreement of Limited Partnership
Sample Partnership Agreement
Do’s and Don’ts in Dealing with Agreements
- Don’t use a vague and informal languages. The statements in the agreement must be professional, formal, and positively written. In addition to this, you can even repeat key terms as long as the repeated words contain same meanings and applications to avoid confusion.
- Do observed utmost confidentiality. The contents of the contract are confidential unless otherwise provided by the contracting parties.
- Do use an active voice. Based on research, it has become a serious dilemma when legal documents are drafted with the use of passive voice. Using an active voice brings more emphasis to the terms and principles being defined.
- Don’t forget to check if the agreement is duly signed by the parties. Agreements must be signed so as to uphold its legitimacy and validity.
- Do consult a legal experts. Learning the basics of writing an agreement and referring to high quality templates are not enough. There are still technicalities and complexities that only lawyers can supply and deliver.
Remember the following tips and considerations to improve and enhance both the structure and content of your agreement form.