In the legal field, high-caliber expertise is needed. Legal practitioners and professionals are required to submit a legal curriculum vitae or resume to law firms and recruiters as a way of validating their legitimacy and credentials in the field. It is the first step before one can go through the process of legal recruitment and procedures.
As a legal practitioner, you must ensure that your CV stands out from the rest. It must have the right mix of passion and professionalism. It is a document that showcases your legal knowledge, expertise, and experience in certain branches of law. To help you through the process, we have here Legal Curriculum Vitae formats and samples. Feel free to review their contents and formatting styles.
3978+ Resume Templates - Microsoft Word (DOC), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Legal Counsel Curriculum Vitae
Legal Secretary Curriculum Vitae
Legal Assistant Curriculum Vitae
Legal Advisor Curriculum Vitae
Legal Officer Curriculum Vitae
1. How to Write a Law curriculum Vitae
Like a legal resume, a legal CV also comes in various formats. They vary considerably depending on the branch of law or type of legal profession applied for. To help you through the process, here are some basic steps to consider:
- Write your personal details. In here, you have to provide your complete name, home address, term-time address, telephone and mobile number, and email addresses.
- Write your objective. This is optional. If ever you include it, be brief and concise.
- Write your education section. In providing your educational background, ensure that you start with the most recent one. Please include the pertinent dates, names of the universities and academic institutions you’ve attended, and the courses or programs you’ve studied and accomplished. You may also see Paralegal Resume Templates.
- Write your legal work experience section. Please provide here the law firms, companies or legal organizations you’ve worked with. Also, include the pertinent dates and a brief description of the type work you’ve rendered.
- Write your other work experience section. Aside from your legal work experiences, also include those work-related experiences that gave you pertinent skills and training. Also, include the pertinent dates and a brief description of jobs.
- Write your skill set. In here, you have to provide your personal and professional skills. Are you more versed in corporate law? Perhaps the criminal law is more your background? You can also add pertinent licenses and certifications you’ve acquired and the institution or entity that granted it.
- Personal achievements. You can highlight here your academic or work-related achievements.
For more specific examples, you can review our other legal curriculum vitae templates.
Legal Manager Curriculum Vitae
Internship Curriculum Vitae
Legal Work Experience
Legal Consultant Curriculum Vitae
Executive Curriculum Vitae
2. Dos and Don’ts
Here are some tips and guidelines for you to remember before and in the actual writing of your CV.
- Do adopt a formal and legible font style. Keep in mind that a CV is a formal document which makes no room for fancy font styles.
- Don’t insert jokes or tricky statements in your CV.
- Do your best in preserving the formal character of the CV by using positive and clear language.
- Don’t ever provide false information in your CV. False data can be misleading can lead to legal consequences.
- Don’t provide irrelevant and unnecessary information.
- Do write the pertinent dates on one side of the page. You have to decide either you write them on the left or right side of the page.
- Do follow standard indention and margins.
- Do print your CV on a high-quality paper.
These are some points and guidelines that you can consider. Indeed, our legal curriculum vitae samples and templates can help you in planning, preparing, and in the actual writing of your CV.