If you ever needed a resume to apply for a job, then you have likely needed tools like Basic Resume Templates. This is true for just about any kind of position, including the legal profession. After all, law can be difficult to break into, hence the need for a resume that can advertise you properly.
A Professional Resume can be an effective tool for encouraging employers to view you favorably. After all, you can put all kinds of useful information in one, such as your educational background, experience, academic accomplishments, and others. And in the case of legal resumes, you would need as much useful information as possible to make a good impression.
Law Clerk Resume
Law Post Graduate Resume
Legal Corporate Resume
What Law Firms Look for in a Lateral Resume
A lateral attorney is one with several years of experience who takes on a position similar to his old one in a new firm. There are some things that a law firm would look for in such a hire.
- As a lateral hire, you would be expected to have actual work experience. You can use your Legal Administrative Assistant Resume to recall those experiences.
- After some time spent working, your new firm might expect you to have a specialization in cases you take, so they can have a better idea of your strengths.
How to Write a Legal Resume
There are some things to consider when writing a legal resume. Some things you should definitely include in your legal resume are:
- Skills that would be useful on the job, such as public speaking, or research.
- Your experiences, such as past accomplishments. If you have done related extracurricular activities, like attended seminars, you may wish to include that as well.
- Tailor your resume for different employers. You would have to include different information for criminal law or business law.
To help you, we have Basic Resume Formats available; but if you want a tight fit, opt for these Lawyer Resume Templates.
Professional Legal Resume
Legal Recruiter Resume
Quick Tips for Drafting a Legal Resume
Aside from what you definitely need to include in your resume, there are some specific actions you could take to make your resumes more impressive. While Simple Resume Templates can give you basic examples to use, you should still modify your resumes further so that they can represent you better.
- Update your resume from time to time. As you gain practical experience, that becomes more relevant than your educational background, and will more easily gain the attention of employers.
- It is important to be specific with your skills and accomplishments. While your resume should be concise, it is also important to explain what you bring to the table.
- Do some research on the firm you are applying to. This makes it easier to tailor your resume for different firms.
- Use formatting to gain the hiring managers’ attention. You should keep the resume orderly, but you can use emphasis to lead a reader to what you want them to pay attention to.
Of course, there are other kinds of resume templates available here, like Executive Resume Templates. These other examples could help you if want to apply for other jobs, so feel free to use them.