Writing resumes may have been taught to us in school, but things learned from the book may not always be the same in the real world. We may need to look at resumes from other people to guide us in making one. We may also go on the Internet and find tips on how to write a resume or we may also make use of Resume Templates to save us all the hassle.
Medical assistants are health professionals that perform both clinical and administrative duties under the supervision of a doctor or other healthcare professional. They work alongside doctors in gathering the patient’s history, explain their treatment procedures, and collect specimens to be forwarded to the laboratory. Administrative functions of medical assistants include but are not limited to updating the patient’s medical records, scheduling appointments, and filling out insurance forms.
Student Entry Level Medical Assistant Resume Template
Certified Medical Assistant Resume Sample
Medical Clinical Assistant Resume
Medical Office Assistant Resume
Importance of Resumes
Resumes are documents submitted by job applicants to hiring managers to provide them with their background information. Resumes contain information regarding the applicant’s biographical data, including the contact details, educational attainment, skills, employment history (for those who have previous work experience), and a list of people that can provide more feedback to the company regarding the applicant’s background.
Here are the four types of resumes:
- Chronological. The most commonly used type of resume. This resume puts emphasis on the previous work experience and lists them in a chronological manner.
- Reverse chronological. A similar type of resume but lists the work background with the top most being the first job and the most recent one on the bottom
- Functional. This type of resume puts focuses more on the applicant’s skills and abilities rather than the work experience. This resume is good for first-time applicants with no employment background.
- Combination. The type of resume that combines the first two types of resumes and consists of two pages. The first page would follow the chronological format while the second page would follow the functional format.
- Targeted. A type of resume which is more personalized to suit the company’s requirements. This resume may be time consuming to write and is not advisable when submitting to multiple employers, but this type of resume will usually stand out from among the rest.
Tips on writing a resume:
- Observe proper formatting to give a good first impression. Never use nonprofessional fonts and avoid using slang words.
- In the previous work experience section, include your designated position was well as your accomplishments in that particular job.
- Keep it simple. Be honest and believable.
For even more templates to choose from, you may want to check out Medical Assistant Resume. And if you’re looking templates for admin assistants, you may also check out Medical Administrative Assistant Resume.
Medical Support Assistant Resume
Volunteer Medical Assistant Resume
No Experience Medical Assistant Resume
Medical Assistant Manager Resume
Clinical Medical Assistant Resume Example
Example Medical Assistant Resume
Now that we have provided you with enough information on how to write your own resume, simply download your chosen template and fill in the needed sections. We have saved you the hassle in writing your own resume from scratch by giving you a guide on what to write.
These templates can be easily accessed by anyone and be downloading is very simple as well. You can download these in Doc, Docx, or PDF formats. These templates are also fully editable to give you freedom in making the necessary changes according to your preferences.
For templates to be used by physicians, you may also want to check out Doctor Resume Template. But if you couldn’t find what you were looking for on this page, feel free to scroll down to the bottom and check out the links to other related templates from our website.