Retail is the business process that sells goods and services to be consumed by people through various distribution channels. It also allows people to buy items in small quantities rather than have wholesale purchases especially if they just want to try a specific product or they won’t be using the product for too long and having too much stock is not necessary.
People who are assisting us whenever we go to retail stores are called retail personnel or retail assistants. They also have an organizational structure where there are people who function as Supervisors and Managers.
We have resume templates that you may use should you be applying for this job or other careers as well.
20+ Retail Business Templates - Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Excel, Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI) - START DOWNLOADING
Retail Sales Associate Resume Sample
Retail Pharmacist Resume
1. Roles and Responsibilities
A retail personnel may be asked to do specific tasks and may be required to have specific skills as well. A few of them we discovered are as follows:
- Knowledge of POS, or point of sales
- Handle cash registers and do opening and closing payment transactions
- Make sure that the money is balanced with the transactions being recorded
- Be able to organize and keep vouchers and other forms of payment aside from cash and card for reporting
- Know the process of merchandising
- Have knowledge of the processes of retail
- Recommend product placements based on the needs of the customers
- Have great customer service
- Know the merchandise available at the location and be able to identify them and know their usage and functions
- Know current sales prices of different items
- Compute the total purchases made by specific consumers
- Knowledge of electronic fund transfer point of sale equipment
- Ability to use a bar code reader equipment
- Knowledge of the system used by retailers in their daily operations
If you want to apply for the said position as you think that you have all the above-mentioned qualifications, you may use our Retail Resume Templates for your reference. We also have a downloadable Operations Manager Resumes should it be the document that you need.
Retail Cashier Resume
Retail Sales Associate Resume
Retail Associate Resume
Retail Work Experience Resume
Retail Merchandiser Resume Sample
Retail Operation Manager Resume
Retail Sales Clerk Resume
Formal Retail Marketing Resume
To be able to serve a variety of people from different walks of life, retail assistants or clerks must exude a personable aura and should always show great customer service. A lot of people have various concerns and questions about different products and you must be able to help them while still looking pleasant and happy for the assistance that you have given.
But before thinking about the job functions that are to do, think of the application samples first and go back to the resume that you are to submit. Be sure to highlight the technical skills that you have which will be of benefit for the operations of the business. Also, take a not on the job functions and skills needed to be a retail clerk. You must showcase them in your resume and make sure that once hired, you will be able to deliver.
If you already have enough experience in the retail industry, maybe it is already the time for a promotion. You may use our Retail Manager Resumes to create your own should that position open in the company where you are currently working at.