A wedding is always going to be something that will take a lot of time and planning, so learning how to keep a proper event schedule is definitely going to help you out. Otherwise, everything will fall into complete chaos if there isn’t any form of organization when it comes to the whole wedding plan.
While detailed timelines and strict time limits may be a bit unromantic to some, it may just be the key to helping you hold the wedding of your dreams. This is why there are wedding schedule templates that can help ensure that everything from the planning all the way to the ceremony itself happens according to a family schedule.
Multi-Format Wedding Schedule Template
Simple Wedding Day Schedule Free
Free Wedding Day Schedule Template
Complete Wedding Schedule Planner Template
Printable Wedding Schedule Template
Blank Wedding Schedule Template
Easy-to-edit Wedding Schedule Template
Mistakes a couple makes when planning their wedding
Even if you and your future spouse consider yourselves as people who are laidback and you just want a casual wedding ceremony, it’s still very important to have a strong sense of how your wedding day will unfold with a well-made schedule. Otherwise, things will be in total disarray and you might just miss out on enjoying certain parts of the celebration. So here are a few mistakes that you should learn to avoid when it comes to scheduling parts of your wedding:
- As soon as you’ve decided on what order events should take place, share this information with the team in charge of handling these events. You’re going to have to share this information around two weeks before the wedding so you can go through the schedule again and work out all of the problems ahead of time.
- Make sure that you allow plenty of time for both hair and makeup. A lot of people take this for granted and end up wasting more time. While your professional hair and makeup personnel may give you an estimate as to when it’s all going to be done, it’s usually common that it may end up taking more time than estimated, especially if someone wants to include a few tweaks to his or her looks. To avoid this kind of problem, it’s best that you set aside at least an extra half hour to the scheduled end time for the hair and makeup services. This way, if you finish before the end of the 30-minute time limit, you’ll have a bit of extra relaxation time before you have to move on to your next task.
- A lot of people who organize weddings sometimes just leave everything up to chance. No matter how intimate or low-key your wedding day timeline may be, it’s best that you give it a lot of structure. Everyone—from your family, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and even the vendors—should need to know what’s going on at each turning point during the event. So don’t think that you’re just going to transition from the dinner to the dancing in quick and easy succession. You have to be able to create a schedule for this and have someone keep an eye on the clock to ensure that the night passes smoothly by making sure that everything that needs to take place actually happens.
- Some make the mistake of not listening to the professionals. If the wedding photographer asks for more time to take more shots of the wedding party, then follow that person’s lead. That person wouldn’t tell you so if he or she thought it isn’t needed. So never forget to take your vendor team’s experience and suggestions into serious consideration. These people know what they’re doing and it’s best that you listen to them to make your event even better.
- Those who plan weddings may forget about taking traffic into account when it comes to the whole wedding schedule. You’ll never know when traffic jams might occur and they may even happen during the worst possible moments. Couples that wish to get married within metropolitan areas should allow themselves extra time to get from venue to venue. It’s best that you put in an extra 10 to 15 minutes when it comes to the traveling part of the schedule, as well as a place in that extra time for any locations where you’re going to stop by to take photos.
- Couples also forget to take in the day and night factor when it comes to planning their wedding schedule. Be sure to check when the sun will set on your wedding day as this is very important when it comes to taking photos, especially if your wedding is being held outdoors. The time when the sun sets will also impact when the ceremony either begins or ends, as well as where you take photos. The best time to take photos is usually around 10 minutes before sunrise and at least 10 minutes prior to the sunset as these are the perfect opportunities to take wonderful shots of the event.
- Some planners end up spreading things out too much. So let’s say that your goal is to get everyone on the dance floor, but then your guests have to watch the cake-cutting as well as participate in the bouquet toss. Things like this that frequently break out throughout the day will just end up with your event losing its exciting momentum. So it’s best that you make important events take place first and save the entertaining ones for last. This way, you can take care of these things early on while your guests can have fun and rest during the evening.
Wedding Photography Payment Schedule Template
Wedding Vendor Payment Schedule
Wedding Florist Payment Schedule
Wedding Videography Payment Schedule Template
Wedding Reception Payment Schedule Template
Tips for planning your wedding day schedule
When you plan your wedding, there are things that are nice to know, and then there are things that you should definitely know. So here’s a list of things that you should definitely know when it comes to planning your wedding day schedule:
- Get the appropriate number of people that you’ll be invited as guests to your wedding ceremony. This will ensure that there’s ample space for your crew. As a rule of thumb, it’s best that you allow at least 25 to 30 feet per guest. Although this may seem like a lot, it would not seem like it if you count the space you’ll need for the tables, chairs, bustling waiters, the band, and the dance floor.
- It’s best that you know ahead of time if your wedding date falls during a trade conference, charity walk, or any other local event that could cause traffic and hotel room availability issues. By knowing this, you can reschedule the wedding ahead of time before you send out the invitations to your guests.
- Take advantage of all the high costs of a wedding and sign up for a credit card with a reward program. The reason for this is because it can give you great deals when it comes to things like airline miles or even shopping deals. The credit will earn you a lot of reward points that you’ll be able to convert to many different and useful things that will definitely help you out during your wedding day.
- Allow one vendor to lead you to others. Your wedding florist may just give you a tip on a good photographer that can help you take memorable pictures during your big day. You can even ask your reception manager which band can guarantee that people will be hitting up the dance floor.
- There’s a really easy way to trim your wedding budget, and that’s to cut your guest list. You should remember that just about half of your wedding expenses are going to go to wining and dining your guests. So if one person is going to cost you around $100, then taking out a table for five people can easily save you $500.
- Your wedding vendors are the people that you’re going to go to during the planning process. When working with them, you should feel free to explore what you want. You can ask your vendor to do a bridal portrait session rather than an engagement ceremony session, for example. The main point is that you should feel like you can have an honest conversation with them regarding what you really want. The vendor’s job is to tell you what you can and cannot work with given the amount you have in your wedding budget template.
- Keep an emergency contact sheet that contains the numbers of the vendors you’re dealing with so that you’ll be fully prepared on your wedding day. It may come in really handy during certain situations where you’ll need to contact them.
If you want to know more about the different ways to schedule your wedding, or if you need more templates to help you schedule your wedding day, then check out the other articles on our website.