When it comes to business operations, there are two things to consider, as you may have seen on an income statement as well as on a balance sheet. The aspects to consider which are involved directly on the operations of the business comprise of the income and the expenses.
232+ FREE SHEET Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple Numbers
Proper management of expenses will result to a higher income from transactions on the business operations. To create a default sheet that would aid the employees in controlling costs will be of great help in terms of managing business expenses effectively. The following expense sheet templates contain various formats and outlines of expense sheets you can utilize.
Monthly Expense Sheets
Office Monthly Expense WorkSheet
Sheet for Monthly Home Expense
Expense Sheet for Monthly Business
Monthly Expense Budget Sheet
What Is an Expense Sheet?
An expense sheet is a document used by the business as a tool to monitor the expenditures of the company. In order for the business to avoid overspending, the use of an expense sheet with a format or an outline as you may have seen on the expense sheet template in PDF format on this website is essential particularly for starting businesses.
What to Include in an Expense Sheet?
With the free expense sheet template sample on this website as your reference, the following are the key elements, which is included on an expense sheet:
- List of Business Expenses – This information pertains to the expenses a business incurs within a given period. The enumerated expenses can include some of the following:
- Operational Expenses – This pertains to expenses incurred in the duration of the business operations within a given period.
- Capital Expenses – A business’s purchase of equipment is categorized under this type of expense.
- Financing Expenses – These are expenses incurred from financing charges and interest expenses.
- Sources of Income – Information listed under this feature comprise of the business’s source of funds derived from business operations and other factors.
- Overage/Shortage – The difference between the income and the expenses on the expense sheet, which determines if the expenses went over or under in comparison to the amount of income.
Income Expense Sheets
Self-Employed Business Expenses
Rental Income & Expense Template
Income & Expenditure Sheet
Business Expense Sheets
Expense Sheet for Small Business
Business Plan Expense Sheet
Expense Sheet for Business Tax
Daily Expense Sheets
Company Daily Expense Worksheet
Daily Expense Tracker
Classification of Expense Sheet Templates
There are different types of expense sheet templates provided for your perusal on this website. Choose the expense sheet template applicable for your business as listed below:
- Business Expense Sheets – These expense sheet templates comprise of operational expenses which affects how management runs the business.
- Income and Expense Sheets – The use of income to shoulder the expenses of the company is focused on this sheet template which helps management to keep expenses in check.
- Monthly Expense Sheets – Expense sheet templates under this template type pertain to expense sheet outlines suitable for monthly expense tracking applicable for office, home, business and budget purposes.
- Travel Expense Sheets – This is one of the things to consider when traveling either for business or for personal means in order to travel within the set budget.
- Company Expense Sheets – Companies have different expense sheets that are applied to different aspects of the company. These expense sheet templates provide the outline applicable for company expenses on a monthly basis.
- Mileage Expense Sheets – This sheet template pertains to expenses relevant to the mileage of a vehicle. This will help the owner keep track of the mileage expenses of his vehicle.
- Expense Management Sheets – These expense sheet template type is used by management in monitoring expenditures of the business whether it be for projects or for business operations.
- Construction Expense Sheets – Projects expenses are checked with the use of this sheet template in order to ensure that the expenses for the completion of the project does not go over the set budget.
- Employee Expense Sheets – This is applicable to employees who need reimbursement for the payment of work related expenses using personal money.
- Personal Expense Sheets – This expense sheet template can be used by individuals who monitor their personal spending on a given period preferably the Daily Expense Sheets.
- Household Expense Sheets – Since it’d be much difficult to track family expenses, the Weekly Expense Sheets are suitable for this sheet template making the household budget on a weekly basis.
Company Expense Sheet
Company Monthly Expense Sheet
Travel Expense Sheets
Travel Expense Log Sheet
Business Travel Expense Sheet
Mileage Expense Sheets
Vehicle Expense Worksheet
Monthly Mileage Expense Sheet
Expense Management Sheet
Personal Expense Management Sheet
Construction Expense Sheet
Construction Budget WorkSheet for Project
How to Make a Personal Expense Sheet in Excel?
Expense sheets are not only useful for businesses but also for personal purposes. There are Google sheet templates you can use for your personal expense sheet but if you opt to create your own expense sheet that makes you comfortable to use, here are the ways you can follow in making a personal expense sheet in Excel format:
- Insert Headings for your Expense Sheet. After opening a blank Excel spreadsheet, type in the headings of your expense list which will serve as your guide in monitoring your expenses. Some of the headings used for personal purposes are utility and loan bills, payment amount, due date, and expense status.
- List down the major monthly expenses you incur. As shown on the sample Excel sheet templates on this website, enumerate the major expenses you have in a month together with the amount and the due date.
- Prioritize the expenses to be paid first. Once you have listed all the expenses and the relevant information, filter or sort out the columns with the use of the Due Date column to prioritize the expenses to be paid first.
- Monitor the status for each expense. Similar to how overtime sheet templates are used to monitor employees’ overtime hours, an expense sheet is a tool to monitor your expenses. Thus, make use of the status to column to indicate the expenses you have already paid off and those you have not.
- Obtain the difference using Excel formulas. Subtract the total expenses from your income similar to a section of the business sheet templates to get the remaining balance of your income.
Employee Expense Sheet
Monthly Expense Sheet for Employee
Employee Travel Expense
Personal Expense Sheets
Weekly Personal Expense
Personal Financial Budget WorkSheet
Expense Sheet for Personal Budget
Household Expense Sheets
Household Living WorkSheet
Blank Monthly Household Spending Sheet
Expense Sheet for Household Budget
Household Expense Tracking Sheet
Expense Sheets in Excel
Farm Expense Sheet in Excel
Expense Tracking Sheet in Excel
Medical Expense Sheet in Excel
Expense Spreadsheet in Excel
Weekly Expense Sheets
Bi-Weekly Expense Sheet
Sheet for Weekly Expense
Tips on Effective Expense Management
When it comes to expense sheets, it is associated with a company’s expense management. With the aid of the sheet templates in Excel format like the tally sheet templates available on this website for you to use, here are some tips on effective expense management:
- Create formal expense management policies. Start off with making fair expense management policies for your business. Policies must be able to aid the company in cost control.
- Procure an understandable expense management process. Once the expense management policies are finalized, the implementation process is then procured for the employees to follow. Keep the process simple for easy understanding.
- Monitor expenses with the use of expense sheets. Aside from getting supplementary documents, like receipts, it is most essential to use expense sheets to check the expenditures made by both the employee and the company for business activities.
Monitoring expenses is one strategy of a business to gain more on the business transactions from the company’s operations. An expense sheet can be used as a tool to gain control over business expenditures. These expense sheet templates can be your source of expense sheets you can use for an effective expense management of your business.