To ensure proper accounting of certain items, business entities must incorporate the use of a record sheet in dealing with the various elements of business operations. There are various software programs used in the generations of business reports, like the balance sheet.
232+ FREE SHEET Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple Numbers
But having a print record of records from Word and PDF format processing programs is still needed as a way of reconciling the book record from the software and the actual record from the use of physical sheet reports. For your perusal, the following downloadable sheet templates show different types of business report sheets most commonly used within business operations.
Balance Sheet Templates
Household Budget Work Sheet
What Is a Record Sheet?
A record pertains to the information accumulated from assigned individuals which provides details on particular statements, items, or activities that transpired within a given period. The document showing this information kept on file by interested individuals is called a record sheet.
Record sheets are used in supporting the financial and management reports to be made at the end of a specified period. Examples are the balance sheet templates and the fact sheet templates seen on this website.
Purposes of Keeping a Record
The following statements explain the reasons why business entities file sheets of various information:
- Concise Information of Business Operations – Business reports are made from the detailed information of record sheets being used in the business operations. Keeping these files will aid in having accurate report information.
- Concrete Evidence for Audit Examination – Entities are sometimes examined by external institutions like the tax authorities by looking into the financial reports the company has submitted to them. If any concern arise from the examination, you can back up your reports with the use of the filed records.
- Control over Operation Issues – Records can help you in monitoring the flow of business operations. Thus, issues that may arise will be given solutions to maintain the efficiency from keeping records.
Daily Call Tracking
Compatible Contact Sheet
Continued Business Contact
Types of Sheet Templates
To save you the time in making a report sheet from scratch, you can sift through the sample templates as categorized and described in the following:
- Balance Sheet Templates – The templates present the standard balance sheet report format where assets, liabilities and equity are listed and indicated to show the financial position of the business entity.
- Budget Sheet Templates – These templates are used for budgeting costs to be incurred within a specified period of time. This template can be used for business, for household, or for personal purposes.
- Expense Sheet Templates – Expenses incurred are listed on the sheet with relevant information, such as item and cost. This will aid businesses in keeping track of the expenses for a given period.
- Call Sheet Templates – These templates helps you in monitoring calls you receive by writing the necessary information regarding the calls which includes the name of the caller, phone number and nature of the call.
- Contact Sheet Templates – With the use these sheet templates, you can keep records of people and business entities that has been associated with the company.
- Data Sheet Templates – Data sheet is prepared to keep details about products of the company. It is also provided when applying for a job where you are asked to give your personal information to the entity.
- Fact Sheet Templates – These sheet templates show how business facts are presented in a way that is understandable to the reader. Details about the business entity is summarized which includes the vision, mission, goals and best features of the entity.
- Log Sheet Templates – This template is helpful in listing down information on a regular basis. This is especially useful to manage items or workloads.
- Grade Sheet Templates – This sheet is especially useful for teachers in grading their students’ performances.
- Interview Sheet Templates – In doing evaluation of interviewees, you can use these templates with scales used in the assessment of the interview.
- Job Sheet Templates – Information of the job along with spaces for job evaluation is given to the employees. This sheet templates provide basic formats and questions for evaluating work.
Daily Expense Worksheet
Hotel Fact Sheet
Business Fact Sheet
Homework Grade Sheet
Weekly Grade Sheet
Making Use of Sheet Templates
Using templates to make the necessary record sheets that are essential to support reports is much quicker compared to creating your own sheets from scratch. It saves you the time in making the base format like the table and the headings.
Templates already have the basic foundation and format made for a particular types of business related sheets. Thus, to customize these sheet templates, you must follow these easy steps:
- Download the template with the most suitable format. A wide variety of templates is available for you. All you have to do is to find the most appropriate format for the information you need to incorporate on the sheet. Make sure that you download the sheet template in Word, PDF, or Excel formats.
- Open the template on the format related processing program. In opening the template, for example, the sample instruction sheet templates you downloaded in Word format. Run the Word processing program. It is easier to open templates in their downloaded formats using the applicable software.
- Customize the opened template. After opening the template on the program, you can now edit the template by integrating the heading guides on the sheet to aid you in collecting the information you need.
Job Interview Score
Phone Interview Pre Worksheet
Costs of Record Keeping
Keeping records generated from using these sheet templates form part of a business entity’s investment. Here are the costs that entities face when keeping records:
- Time Spent for Training Staff – In order for the staff to know the processes in record keeping, organizing an employee training must be made with the need of:
- training venue, and
- resource speaker.
- Materials Used for Recording – Recording of inventory can be done by the entity using these two options:
- Manual Input of Information – With the use of inventory sheet forms, personnel manually count and record the information on inventory stock.
- Use of an Inventory Management Software – This high cost of this investment equal the accurateness and swiftness of inventory record keeping.
- Information in Written Form – Teachers work in school and at home to compute the accumulated test and project grade results. With the use of some grade sheet templates they will be able to save time in creating reports to show parents how their children are performing
There may be costs in maintaining records in the workplace but the benefit of having accurate information on the business entity’s financial and management reports outweigh these record keeping costs. To further lessen these costs, make use of the sheet templates downloadable on this website to generate information sheets quickly and efficiently.