[bb_toc]Difference Between Agenda Vs Calendar[/bb_toc]
Agenda and calendar are two essential tools that help you mark all important events and help you keep track of your schedule and plan your routine. Basically, if anyone likes to be organized and productive and follow a definite routine, the use of agenda and calendar should be fundamental to them.
An agenda is a meeting plan, that is created to define the objectives of a meeting along with the schedule and the topics of discussion. It is essential to prepare an agenda for a meeting so that it can remain constructive. A well planned agenda helps in creating an effective minute of the meeting. The easiest way to create a meeting agenda is via agenda template. Depending on the type of meeting, the agenda that is created also varies.
Type of Agendas
- Informational Agenda: Informational agenda, as the name suggests is used for providing information to the participants of the meeting. It doesn’t provide much scope to the participants to show agreement or disagreement. It doesn’t lead to any further discussion. This is a very brief agenda and should not be very complexed otherwise the purpose of the agenda is not solved.
- Advisory Agenda: Advisory agenda Template, unlike information agenda, seeks advice from the participants. It doesn’t carry any decision. It is the participants who are required to carry a discussion, based in which a final conclusion is reached.
- Informal Agenda: This agenda is not prepared in advance and is generally created at the last moment. It discusses the minor discussion that are to be discussed in the meeting.
A calendar is a systematic organization of days, weeks, months and year. It helps you keep track of your everyday activity. You can use it for your everyday reference and also use it to mark important events, days and dates. Based on the usage, there are various kinds of calendars that are used.
Types of Calendars
- Wall Calendars: These calendars are used for a quick everyday reference to check on the days and dates. They are mostly stick to the walls for easy access. These days the wall has been replace with mobile phone and desktop wall.
- Photo Calendar: These are the personalised calendar that are customised with a personal photograph. There are many calendar templates available that help you create such personalised photo calendar to use or to present to a close friend.
- School Calendar: This is a calendar that is used in educational institute and is distributed to the teachers and students at the beginning of the session. It marks all the important days of the session from exam dates to holidays to parents teacher meeting.
- Corporate Calendar: The calendar marks all the important dates, meeting, events and conferences that are planned to take place in the year.
Agenda and Calendar Templates
Agenda and calendars can be created via templates that are available offline. There are premium simple agenda templates as well as templates that are available for free. These templates provide you with the basic format and layout required to create these tools. With a little bit of tweaking and editing you can create an agenda and a calendar in no time.