An employee handbook is a manual or document that provides information about the company’s rules and regulations. Employee handbooks are given by the company to its employees to assure that they are aware of the policies that they need to follow within the duration of their stay in the company as employees. Employee handbooks may also include the business procedures that are being followed by the company and the relation of the employees’ job functions in the operations of the business.
We can provide you with downloadable Employee Handbook Templates both in this article and on the link provided so you can have references with regards to the items included in this document and how it can be of help to the employees and the employers as well.
Restaurant Employee Handbook Sample
Company Employee Handbook Sample
Free Employee Handbook Sample
Retail Employee Handbook Sample
Student Employee Handbook Sample
Items Included in an Employee Handbook
A comprehensive employee handbook shall include the following information:
- A brief description of the company and its business processes
- A content guide or a list of all the items that can be seen in an employee handbook
- The employment procedures that the employees need to be aware of
- The job functions that are needed to be provided by the employees and how it can be of help to the improvement of the company
- The guidelines for regularization, promotion, and performance reviews
- The rules and guidelines about specific work functions
- The benefits that a company may get and how incentives and other bonuses may be acquired
- The information about the salary of the employee
- The policies being implemented by the company regarding proper conduct, professional behavior, and proper manners
- The safety and emergency procedures that the employees are required to follow
If you want to see more samples of this kind of document used in work environment, you may download our Sample Employee Handbook templates.
Clinic Employee Handbook Sample
Simple Employee Handbook Sample
School Employee Handbook Sample
Employee Handbook Disclaimer Sample
Basic Employee Handbook Sample
Important Focus of the Employee Handbook
Here are the work areas that are very important to be highlighted in the employee handbook:
- A discussion about the entire employment processes and how the employer and the employee can benefit from each other
- The necessary information that is needed for the employees to better know the company where they are working for and the work functions and services that they are expected to provide
- The rules in using company owned items, tools, documents, and equipment
- The importance of work ethics, professionalism attendance, and behavior within the work premises and duration
- The expectations of the company regarding an employee’s performance
- The work leaves and other credentials that an employee has the right to use upon regularization
- The guidelines and complete explanation of the compensation and benefit packages of the employees
- The process of evaluation that an employee needs to undergo
These items may vary depending on the location of the business or the processes and guidelines that particular companies follow, depending on the professional field where they belong.
Do not forget that it is also important for the employee handbook to be presentable other than being informational. We can give you samples of Employee Handbook Cover Page templates which may serve as references in the creation of your own employee handbook’s cover page.