Accounting is an essential part of any business as it deals with transactions and documents needed to be given to government entities assigned for tax collection. It also records and analyzes all the financial transactions of the business and tells whether a business is profitable or not.
There are a lot of technical terms and job functions that are needed to be done by those involved in the field of accounting. Hence, competitive applicants whose strengths are applicable to the work requirements in the field are highly employed by different companies.Should you want to apply in the field of accounting or in any other job opportunities, you may use our resume samples as a guide to creating your own resume.
45+ Accounting Services Templates in PDF, Word, Excel, PSD, Google Docs, InDesign, Apple Pages, Google Sheets, Publisher, Apple Numbers, Illustrator - START DOWNLOADING
Accounting Associate Resume Template
Accounting Administrator Resume Template
Accountant Auditor Resume Template
Accounts Payable Accountant Resume Template
Accounts Receivable Accountant Resume Template
Assistant Accountant Resume Template
Internship Accounting Resume Sample
Business Accounting Resume
Accounting Administrator Resume
1. Technical Skills Needed in the Field of Accounting
The functions of employees involved in the accounting department of a business always have something to do with money and the cycle or processes that it revolves around. A few technical skills that you should put in your resume should you want to get a job in this field of expertise are as follows:
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of specific accounting procedures including coordination, monitoring, and recording
- Ability to organize financial reports needed by the company
- Proficiency in the systems used by the company in tracking its financial movement
- Knowledge of accounting systems and how they are used and applied in the processes of the business
You should first have a self-assessment if you possess all these skills and if you are good in implementing them before applying for an accounting job. Remember that the financial records of the company mainly rely on your efficiency and accuracy.
2. Self-Assessment of Technical Skills Applicable to Accounting
Should you think that you can do the job and can perform the daily functions it requires you to do, then applying for a post is the next thing to do. Starting with yourself will allow you to measure whether companies will be interested in getting you as an employee.
Your skills and experiences must be highlighted in your resume. If possible, back it up with a well-written job cover letter for better chances of being selected for the interview phase. You may take a look at the Professional Resume Template and Accountant Resume samples from our website so you can already start creating the documents needed for your application.
Accounting Assistant Resume
Accounting Auditor Resume Sample
Accounting Bookkeeper Resume Sample
Functional Accounting Resume Template
Accounting Business Administration Resume
Sample Accounting Resume
Sample Accounting and Finance Resume
3. Job Functions of an Employee in the Field of Accounting
If you think that you want to apply for a post in the field of accounting, knowing what you do is very essential. With the technical skills to back you up, being able to have a grip on your daily tasks should you be hired is as important. A few of the job functions of people involved in the process of accounting are as follows:
- Have knowledge about the financial transactions of the company including its assets and liabilities
- Document specific transactions that are needed in financial reports
- Provide specific course of actions for areas in the financial aspect of the company that needs improvement
- Compile and analyze the account and financial information of the business
Aside from samples of accounting resumes, we also have a downloadable Cashier Resume in stock on our website.