10+ Modern Resume Templates
In this day and age, coming up with a resume is more on how to make it look more appealing to the eyes of the employer as well as presenting the information that they want to see. Although this may be difficult, it’s something that a lot of applicants are going to have to learn how to do.
So long as you know what should be in a resume, then you shouldn’t have to worry about not getting an opportunity to prove that you’re the right person for the job. And that’s why this article is going to teach you how to come up with a modern resume.
Elements of a Modern Resume
No matter what kind of modern resume you wish to make, you should know that there are a couple of basic elements that you’re going to have to be aware of. Knowing what they are will give you an idea as to how you’re going to present the information that you wish to show your possible employer, all in the hopes that it will allow you to acquire the position you want.
With that in mind, here are the basic elements of any good modern resume:
- Personal Information: This is where you give a few details of yourself such as your name, address, and contact details. Be sure to write down everything completely as you want your possible employer to know exactly who you are and how they’ll be able to get a hold of you should you be exactly who they’re looking for.
- Objective: This is where you write 1 or 2 sentences as to what your resume is for and why you’re sending it. Whatever you write here has to be in line with the job that you wish to apply.
- Education: Employers will want to know if their applicants have met the educational requirements that allow them to tackle the duties and responsibilities of a specific position in a competent manner. So it’s here where you’ll be writing down information such as the date that you’ve graduated, your academic accomplishments, etc.
- Work Experience: Write down any previous jobs that you may have had prior to the one that you’re applying for. Provide details such as the positions you’ve attained and the dates where you started and left these previous companies.
- Skills and Hobbies: You’ll want to include any skills that are relevant to the job that you wish to take, the same applies to hobbies. Don’t go too much into detail when writing about either as you’ll be saving that for interviews.
- References: Employers will want to check to make sure that their applicants are exactly who they say they are. Best that you don’t write the names of any family members in your reference list. Go with people such as your previous employer, supervisor, or basically anyone that you can trust and who knows you well.
10+ Modern Resume Samples
Free Modern Resume Template
Example of Modern Resume Sample
Theatre Resume Template
Free School Teacher Resume
Front End Developer Resume Template
SEO Resume Template
Modern Chemical Engineer Resume
Free Surveyor CV Template
Modern Resume Sample
Modern Employee Resume
How to Make a Modern Resumes
Now that you’ve learned what you should place in a modern resume, the next step is for you to learn how to make one. Take note that there are slight differences in a modern resume and a classic one, but the two essentially do the same thing: Help you apply for a job. Essentially, the means of making a classic resume is similar to how you’ll go about in making a modern one, albeit a few changes.
With that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a proper modern resume:
1. Go With a Proper Text Format: What you want to do is to make a good first impression with your possible employer. And that way for you to do that is by using a text font and size that shows how professional you are. No matter what job you wish to apply for, it’s important that you choose the right text format as that alone can help employers determine the kind of employee you’re going to be.
If you have to choose a font size, then going with the standard Times New Roman or Calibri is one of your safest bets. However, know that you can use other fonts such as Helvetica as those are also good for showing professionalism. If you have no idea on which to use, then simply check out samples of resumes to help you figure out which font you should go for.
Then you need to consider the size of the text. It’s best to go with a font size of 14 or 16 for your heading, while the rest should be around 11 or 12. This ensures that you have enough space to fill in everything on one page as you’ll only want your resume to at least be 2 pages maximum.
2. Choose a Proper Layout: Next is that you need to know what kind of layout you wish to go for. Know that there are 3 types of resume formats that you can choose from:
- Functional: This is the kind of layout that’s perfect for those that have little to no job experience. It’s here where you’ll mostly be focusing on the skills that you’ve acquired and the education you’ve attained, rather than any previous job experience you’ve had. Also, this is perfect for those who have been self-employed for the majority of their working career.
- Chronological: If functional focuses more on skills rather than job experience than this layout is the exact opposite. It dives more into the amount of experience that you’ve managed to gain on a certain field that shows just how perfect you are for the job. It’s best that what you’re applying for is in line with your career path as any previous job experience in the same field will show that you’re capable of holding the position.
- Combination: As it states, this is a combination between both a chronological and functional layout. This is used as a means to show off any skills that you have managed to acquire from any previous jobs that you’ve had. It’s best that you go with this format if you’ve had a lot of job experience as well as skills that you’ve managed to develop from them.
3. Present the Information About Yourself: When you’re done choosing the text format and layout, then you simply need to put in all of the information that you wish to share with your future employer. Recall all of the basic elements and arrange them in a way that will make everything look presentable. If you have trouble doing this, then simply look at the many examples of modern resumes that you can find just about anywhere online.
Tips for Making a Modern Resume:
- Include a professional headshot: This is to give the employer a chance to see who you are and what your facial features are like. This is required in most countries so it’s best to include it.
- Consider including social media profiles in your resume: If there are any social media profiles you have that can help you acquire the job such as LinkedIn or Twitter, then consider including them into your resume
- Always check for mistakes: If you want your resume to look professional, then you can’t afford to leave any mistakes before you send it. Look into your grammar, spelling, or any of the information that you’ve written down to see if there are any corrections that need to be made. Check your resume at least twice to ensure that you don’t miss any mistakes you could have made.
Types of Modern Resumes
Know that there are a ton of modern resumes that you can use and that each of them is meant for helping you apply for different jobs. Knowing what they are should give you an idea as to which you should make. So here are a few examples:
- Modern Professional Resume
- Modern Technician Resume
- Modern Carpenter Resume
If you want to know about the other sizes you can make, then simply go through our site to learn more about them.
Modern Resume Sizes
The standard size for any modern resume would be that of an A4 or US, specifically 8.5 by 11 inches. The size is just enough to make the letter look professional, as well as contain all the information that one wishes to present to an employer. Anything larger or smaller will most likely be disregarded or at the very least, frowned upon.
Modern Resume FAQs
Can I send my resumes via email?
Yes, so long as you’re given the option to do so. If they require you to send it by mail or to personally hand it over to a desired person and location, then be sure to do so.
Is there any easy way to make one?
Yes, all you have to do is to download a modern resume template and customize it to how you see fit. You can choose to use the ones available here should you wish to do so.
So long as you follow all of the information that has been presented to you in this article, then making a modern resume shouldn’t be any problem at all. Just be sure to read what’s presented here in a thorough manner so that you can make the most out of what you’re going to learn.