There will come a point in time where a person who is unemployed will take his/her chances and apply for a job. That person will want to make a good first impression and that can only happen if he/she provides the information that just about every employer needs.
One of the best ways of doing that is by sending out a well-detailed resume. This article is going to teach you all that you need to know about how you should go about in coming up with your very own resume.
No matter what kind of resume you end up making, you have to ensure that you never forget to include the basic elements. They are what you are going to need to guarantee that the document is able to serve its purpose: Show prospective employers about what you are capable of and that you have met the necessary qualifications for a position.
So with that in mind, here are the basic elements that every good resume must have:
1. Personal Information: Every employer that receives a resume will want to know exactly who it is about. So what you are going to have to do is to point out your complete name along with your address and contact information. That way, the employer can get a hold of you should he/she decide that you have a chance at being employed.
2. Education: Depending on the type of job that you are applying for, employers will need to determine if you have undergone the required education that will allow you to properly handle the responsibilities of a particular position. For example, if you’re sending a lawyer resume, then the employer will expect you to have graduated with a major in the legal field.
3. Skills: Much like one’s education, employers will be looking into the skills put into the resume to see if that person has anything that can help guarantee that a particular position’s responsibilities are all handled well. When writing down these skills, make sure that they are ones that can actually aid you in the job that you are applying for. If not, then it is best to just omit them.
4. Work Experience: Those who have had previous job experience have much better chances at acquiring a position over those that do not. Should you have such experience, best that you point them out in your resume. However, there are instances where it’s best for you to only share job experiences that are related to the position that you are currently applying for.
5. Awards and Honors: If you have achieved anything noteworthy from your previous jobs or even throughout your time spent under educational institutions, then you may choose to share them via the resume. However, only share those that are relevant to the job that you wish to apply for. Employers will not usually care about achievements that serve as nothing but self-praise.
Now that you know what elements you have to include in your resume, the next thing that you will need to do is to learn how you should go about in making one. Remember that you want the resume to be able to serve its purpose and that can only happen if you actually know how to make one.
So knowing that, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with a resume via Apple Pages:
I. Access the Apple Pages Program: If you want to make a resume via Apple Pages, then you will need to gain access to the program. Know that Pages is a program that is specifically made for iOS devices such as Macs. If you do not have any such device, then it is best that you look for alternative programs that will allow you to make your resume. If you do, then make sure to do the following:
As you can see, the steps for making a resume through Apple pages is fairly easy to understand and do. If you like, you can also use the same method to create other types of documents.
II. Make Your Resume: Whether you decide to make your resume from scratch or by use of a template, there are things that you need to consider to ensure that employers will take the document seriously. So here are the things that you are going to have to do:
1. Follow proper format: When you are going to make a resume, you want to make sure that whatever it is that you have put into it can easily be read and understood. The only way that is going to happen is if you go with a proper format. What this means is that you will need to consider what kind of font and font size you are going to use for your resume. If you are having trouble figuring that out, then you may simply go through the many different samples of resumes that you can find just about anywhere online.
2. Choose the layout you want to use: As you are making your resume, you have to consider how you will go about in presenting the information you are going to put into it. This means that you will need to think about the layout you’ll want for your resume. There are 3 types that you can choose from: either chronological, functional, or combination. Chronological is the one that’s used by those that have an extensive history of job or work-related experience. Functional is used by those that have more skills over experience. And the combination type is used by those that have a good balance of both skill and experience.
3. Provide the Necessary Information: Once you have thought about the format and the layout, all you have to do next is to provide the information that the resume will need that will help you get the job. Take a look at the basic elements section should you find yourself lost on what it is that you have to put into the document.
1. Always proofread and edit: The last thing that you want to do is to send an unpolished resume. You will want to avoid mistakes at all costs and the only way for you to do that is if you go through your resume and fix every error that you come across. It is always best for you to do a thorough check and that you do it twice to ensure that you don’t leave mistakes pertaining to grammar, spelling, or even your own personal information in your resume.
2. Do not lie: No matter what kind of resume you end up making, you must never lie or even exaggerate anything about yourself. While you could potentially end up acquiring the job if you do so, the consequences of getting found out are much more severe. So stick only to the facts when putting in information about yourself into the resume.
Now that you know how you should go about in making your resume and the basic elements, the next thing to learn would be the types that you can make. There are many types that you can make considering that there are many types of jobs available. Knowing what you can create will ensure that you make the right one for the right job opportunity. So knowing that, here are a few examples:
If you would like to learn more about the other types of resumes that you can create, or if you would like to learn about documents other than resumes, then you simply need to go through our site until you get all of the information that you need.
While there is no “best” format, there is one that has been generally accepted by almost every employer: Word. The reason for this is because most programs allow you to access Word files, meaning that employers can pretty much open up resumes sent in Word without any form of hassle. So it’s best that you stick to Word when making your resume.
The quickest and easiest way to make a resume is by using a template. There are so many of them available that all you have to do is to choose the one you want to use, open it with the appropriate program, and the replace or add in any of the necessary information that will allow you to properly apply for a job.
So long as you make use of all the information that is found in this article, then you will not have to worry about making your resume.