There are certain activities that a child has been doing which needs supervision. He or she may be involved in altercations because of a lack of supervision. There are also instances where a child does not know what to do and just needs guidance to properly do his or her functions.
A parent contact log is very important, especially for students who are still minors and is under the supervision of learning institutions for a certain period of time on a daily basis. There are a lot of uses that a parent contact log will be of benefit both to the parents and the school of the child. You may take a look at our website’s library of Log Template samples for reference.
Blank Parent Contact Log Template
Teacher Parent Contact Log Template
Printable Parent Contact Log
Parent Contact Log for Counselors
Daily Parent Contact Log Template
What Is a Parent Contact Log?
A parent contact log is a document that contains the information needed by a school or any institution to contact the parent of a child. A parent contact log usually has the following basic details:
- The name of the institution
- The name of the kid going to the learning institution
- The name of the parent or the guardian that is mainly responsible for the kid and his or her activities
- The relation of the guardian to the kid
- The contact number of the parent or guardian, which usually should include a mobile number, a house number, and an e-mail contact
It is very important for parents and guardians to assure that all the information that they are to write in the parent contact log are accurate. A single mistake in one number of their contact details can mean that they cannot be contacted should the time come that it is truly needed. All the information must also be updated and the numbers and the e-mails must be active for appropriate communication purposes.
You may take a look at our Call Log and Communication Log for other log templates that you may use.
Kindergarten Parent Contact Log
Parent Communication Contact Log Template
Parent Student Contact Log
High School Parent Contact Log
Why Do You Need a Parent Contact Log?
A parent contact log is important due to the following reasons:
- If a kid needs supervision in terms of his or her studies because he or she is failing, a meeting with the parents may only be set should the adviser of the child be able to contact them. Letting the child inform his or her parents about matters like this may be too hard of a situation.
- Parents also need to know updates on the performance of their kids both in curricular and extracurricular activities.
- In case of an emergency, a contact person needs to be phoned so that they know the information on why a certain incident happened to the kid and what measures are being done to him or her to assure his or her safety.
- Events and other school activities must also be reminded to other parents, especially if their children are on preschool or are too young to remember all the events that he or she is tasked to remember.
Remember that as a parent, giving your contact information does not mean losing your privacy. It is more of a responsibility so that you are assured that you are always there whenever your child needs you, whatever situation he or she may be in.
You may also browse through our Phone Log samples should you already be familiarized with the uses and purposes of a parent contact log.