Sending faxes are still relevant even today. There may be a lot of people today who do not know what a fax is. Especially with all the emails, private chat or messages, and even video conferencing. However, there are still advantages to using fax machines over any other means of sending files. You can also check out fax cover templates.
First, you are sending a tangible copy of a document. There is no way to accidentally delete the file or lose it to computer viruses. Another advantage is you can send high-quality images directly. There is no need to scan the file, upload it to your email, then send it. This is a tiringly dreadful and menial task. It’s easier to just fax the document. Especially if it is a long document such as a floor plan or a building layout.
And now here lies the problem: How to send a fax without looking like you have never sent a fax in your life before? All your business associates’ faxes look so professional, and you want yours to mirror that professionalism. The answer is simple. Use a fax cover.
But what is a fax cover? Well, a fax cover is a heading that you use to make your faxes look professional. Making your own fax cover is easy. With information freely flowing in the world wide web, finding a cover fax template to use for your own fax cover is going to be a breeze.
In this article, we will discuss what makes using a fax machine often better than other modes of sending files.
Knowing the elements of what makes a good fax cover will help you in choosing your fax cover template, then eventually making your own.
1. Relevance to your line of work: This part is important. A good fax cover template will have a straightforward and simple layout. Choosing one that applies to your business or line of work is an important part of the process. Faxes are used by a lot of businesses. Law firms, advertising companies, and many more. Choosing a template commonly used by creative agencies when your company is a law firm could confuse your business partners and clients.
2. Straightforward and uncomplicated layout: Albert Einstein once said that “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” The best designs are often the simplest ones. That is true especially to fax covers. Aside from the fax cover, there is still the actual file. You do not want to fun out of space on your fax paper.
3. Ample space for actual fax content: It is easy to forget when designing the layout of your fax cover that you need to keep space for the actual fax content. Creativity is fine, but remember to leave an ample amount of space for the actual documents that will be faxed to your business associates or clients. Keep this in mind as you choose your fax cover templates.
4. Clean and subtle design: Make sure that only the necessary details make it on your fax cover. Many fax cover templates deviate from this and start adding flashy headers or even a fancy border. This is necessary unless you pride your company for creativity, like creative agencies.
There are a plethora of fax cover templates scattered all over the world wide web. But since you now know the elements that make a good fax cover are, confidence is high that you have chosen an amazing fax cover template at this point. Now it’s time to show you the steps in making your own fax cover.
1. Choose a Layout: At this point, you already have a template. However, a template is just a guide for you. It is not an absolute design. You still have to make minor adjustments to make it yours. You will have to change the font and font size. you also have to tweak minor designs. Know where you want to place your company logo an contact details.
2. Provide company information: As mentioned above, you will have to apply your company logo on your company fax cover. Adding contact details is also a subtle way of marketing yourself. If your contact details are in your fax cover, new clients will be able to contact you if needed.
3. Make Multiple Tet Prints: Depending on the materials used, the outcome may differ slightly. Since you will be sending actual documents over digital copies, it is always a good idea to have a few trials. This way, you see what changes you need to make for your actual document. Sending test faxes as well should prove useful. This way you know if your fax cover looks the way you want it to.
Fax cover templates vary slightly from one another. The variations are mostly on the size of the paper used. Here are several examples of the different types of fax cover template sizes.
1. A4 (ISO) Size Fax Cover Template: ISO refers to the International Standards Organization. A4 size paper in the International Standards Organization is 8.27 x 11.69 inches.
2. Letter size or A4 (US) Size Fax Cover Template: This type of paper size is more commonly used in the US and some neighboring countries. The size differs slightly to that of the International Standards Organization. Letter or A4 (US) size paper as it is more commonly known as is 8.5 x 11 inches.
3. Legal Size Fax Cover Template: Legal sized paper is 8.5 x 14 inches. This paper size is used mostly for legal documents the like.
4. Uncommon Sizes Fax Cover Template: Varying sizes of fax templates. These are typically used on smaller documents such as, but not limited to invoices, receipts, and vouchers. Tough sized vary from merchant to merchant, the size does not go over the standard sizes of paper.
As stated earlier, the variations in sizes for the fax cover templates are only the difference in paper sizes. Here are the different sizes used:
1. A4 (ISO) Size Fax Cover Template
2.Letter size or A4 (US) Size Fax Cover Template
3. Legal Size Fax Cover Template
4. Uncommon Sizes Fax Cover Template