Although you can find a lot of tips and tricks on how to make meeting more productive and effective, having a competent and well-structured agency is still the best way on making your meeting a huge success. While a lot of us find meeting boring and stressful, an agenda is the perfect way prevent it from going too long and keeps the meeting on the right track by focusing on the important issues that need to be addressed.
100,000+ Ready-Made Designs, Docs & Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (SPREADSHEETS), Microsoft Publisher, Apple Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote.
In this article, we will provide you with the necessary information on how to make your agenda more effective. We will also provide you with a number of sample agendas which can be easily downloaded and used to suit your purpose. You may also browse from our website’s collection of Agenda Templates if you need more examples.
Printable Meeting Agenda Templates
Printable Daily Agenda Templates
Printable School Agenda Templates
Weekly School Planner
High School Planner
Monthly School Planner
How to Plan a Meeting Agenda Template
Creating an effective meeting agenda can be considered to be one of the most essential components of a dynamic and fruitful meeting. However when planning for the perfect meeting agenda template, one must think about the important parts that comes with it. Surely, you will need to consider which elements should be included and discarded when creating one. That is why this article aims to make things easy for you by providing you parts of an agenda and how they are an important factor.
- Action item – The action item is probably the easiest part of an agenda because it is the content or topic that needs to be taken into consideration. It is important to invite the right people to help achieve the targeted outcome of the item. It is also equally crucial for meeting participants to engage in a specific role in addressing the item. Always make sure that the item included in your meeting agenda should just warrant the participants’ attention.
- Targeted outcome – It means the result of what you would like to happen on the item. It is considered to be the most critical step in agenda planning because it helps determine the targeted outcome. This will make you decide on your priorities, time, the people involved, and how to achieve a productive meeting.
- Priority – For instance, when the time needed to discuss the high-priority items exceeds the allotted time, the group will discuss which items should be taken during the meeting or the group may consider the possibility of lengthening the meeting.
- Time – Deciding on the time will be a lot easier if you have planned carefully how to achieve the targeted outcome. Without careful planning of the agenda, you will easily underestimate the time required to achieve the targeted outcome. Underestimating time can still happen even with planning, so that is why it wise to increase the time allotted for every item by 33 percent.
Printable Student Agenda Templates
Redeemer College Student
Weekly Student Planner
Student Weekly Planner
Printable Weekly Agenda Templates
Weekly Schedule Template
Printable Monthly Agenda Templates
Monthly Meeting Agenda
Monthly Safety Meeting
Conference Agenda Templates
One Day Conference
Training Agenda Templates
Sample Field Sales Training
Sample Staff Training
How to Create a Meeting Agenda Template
- When creating an meeting agenda template, you need to give it a title. Your title should provide two important information to the reader: first, that he or she is reading an agenda, and second, the topics that are to be covered during the meeting. Place the meeting agenda title at the top center of the blank document. Use a simple and formal font such as Times New Roman or Calibri or more formal serif fonts.
- Include in the header the names of the attendees, date and time, and location of the meeting, as well the names of the special attendees. Place the header one line below the title.
- Write down a short statement of the meetings objective(s). A meeting that does not have a clear objective often waste the attendees’ precious time. Objectives keeps the meeting stay on the right track and focus on the important items that needed to be discussed in order to come up with a targeted outcome. The objective section is usually placed a line below the header. You can use a boldfaced or underlined text to label the section and then followed it with a colon. Make sure that your objective is 1 to 4 sentences long.
- Outline the schedule of the main items of the meeting. Schedules help prevent the meeting from running too long. Write the schedule in a boldfaced text. You can jut down the different entries corresponding to the main items in the agenda.
- Set aside enough time for special speakers. Invited speakers are there to discuss important and relevant items. Make sure that they have enough time to present the assigned topic. So make sure to contact each speaker to determine how much time they will need for the discussion.
- Make some time for the Q&A. It is important to allot extra time in case the participants have question, suggestion, and comments. If the meeting participants do not have any questions or suggestions for the next meeting, you can always end the meeting early.
- Check the agenda for any errors before distributing or sending them to the participants. Make sure that you have proofread it for errors. An error-free meeting agenda samples shows a lot on your attention to details. It is also a sign that you have invested time and effort to perfecting the agenda for the meeting.
While writing a meeting agenda can be tough and challenging, our website provides a wide different Planning Agenda Templates, which you can download for free. All you need to do is to select the one which you think best serves your purpose.
Business Agenda Templates
California Business Meeting
Business Hotel Meeting
Annual Agenda Templates
Annual Meeting Example
Annual General Meeting
Annual Review Meeting
Audit Agenda Templates
Internal Audit Template
Event Agenda Templates
Sample Law Spring Meeting
Simple Corporate Event
Although a well-planned agenda does not ensure you that the meeting will be running smoothly, it will, however, help the participants focus on what is important and keeps them stay on the right track. Additionally, if you find it hard to find to create an effective meeting agenda, the best way to do is to use Free Agenda Templates. Templates usually come with an outline designed to guarantee a well-structured agenda where you can easily make any changes.