Any type of research cannot do away with the fact that it needs a budget. Exhaustive and intensive research procedures are done in order to arrive at certain conclusions or prove educated guesses. Creating a budget for research means allocating an amount of money for the different research materials that need fund support.
A research has flexible applications and a business budget could be needed at times when research is centered on improving businesses and other industries among others. At times when research could be a lot of paperwork, using research budget templates could be a lot of help for a researcher.
Research Budget Template
Medical Research Budget
Research Proposal Budget
Budget for Research Development
How to Make a Simple Research Budget
Whether you are a researcher who’s applying for a research funding sponsorship or you just plainly want to lay out your research expenses for reference and convenience, it is always noteworthy to consider making even the simplest research budget.
Here are steps on how to make a simple research budget:
- List of Research Activities – Plotting a research budget could either be done before or after you’ve made a research draft or output. As you progress with your research, you would know the research activities that you need to fulfill for its completion. List all the prospective activities that you expect to do that’s covered by your research methodology.
- Activity Costing – Each item on your list should be provided with either an exact or approximate cost. Budget templates in PDF file format suggests that you provide space for the exact and estimated monetary value for each activity needed for your research. Grant budget samples are particular with activity costing to evaluate on whether costs should be lowered or increased.
- Research Budget Template – It is important to secure a research budget template for all your research expenses. Film budget samples would tell you how important it is to keep track of how much money is spent and how much money left there is to spend.
Research Project Budget
Research Grant Budget
Research Trip Budget
Sample Research Budget
Common Expenses When Doing Research
First timers and amateur researchers might quite be puzzled about the practical costing procedures done in actual research. Despite a variety of topics and research fields, there will always be general procedures observed in research.
Here are some of the common expenses that generally make up a research feasible:
- Tangible Materials – Anything that’s all used up when performing research procedures make up the most common expenses when doing so. Travel budget templates may focus on expenses that are the basic need while traveling. Some tangible materials might include food, medical kits, and other travel essentials.
- Printing Fees – Upon finalizing research work, researchers and target readers would definitely need a hard and printed copy of a research paper. All budget report templates always make it to a point that printing fees should be researcher’s priority upon completion of one’s research.
- Extended Research Services – Research activities always have the possibility of branching out to other services that may require specific expertise and mastery. Transcription services, for example, play a vital role in research completion and this type of service would undeniably be subject to extra expenses. Budget templates in Excel can be modified so that they specify what kind of research service is utilized.
The list of research expenses goes on. Expenses are dependent on the type of research activities and procedures but everything should be noted well just as how a research work is comprehensively made.