So, you have finally made up your mind to start a small restaurant business. Congratulations, as you can now call yourself a rookie entrepreneur! Being called an entrepreneur may sound cool to other people, but the pressure to succeed in that field is at an all-time high, most especially since there are probably hundreds, if not thousands of other entrepreneurs running the same business as yours.
148+ FREE RESTAURANT Templates - Download Now Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word (DOC), Microsoft Excel (XLS), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Google Docs, Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Adobe InDesign (INDD & IDML), Apple (MAC) Pages, Google Sheets (Spreadsheets), Microsoft Publisher, Apple (MAC) Numbers, Adobe Illustrator (AI), Apple (MAC) Keynote, Google Slides, HTML5
However, it is still not yet the right time to ponder and worry about those things. Your main priority should be to figure out the things you need to do and the legal requirements to obtain. So, you should always have a checklist ready, so that you do not miss out on any of the important things. For that, we have checklist templates ready for you to choose the best out of the lot.
Restaurant Checklist Template
There’s little doubt in anyone’s mind that a restaurant can be tough to run. Like any other business, there are multiple aspects to handle, which is why a document like this restaurant business checklist is bound to come in handy. Make good use of this to stay organized and ensure nothing is neglected or overlooked. Be sure to take advantage of the template’s easy to use and highly customizable nature. Doing so will help personalize your experience to better suit your specific needs. You can save yourself a lot of time and effort since you do not have to create a checklist from scratch. Download the template now!
Restaurant Startup Checklist Template
Opening up a restaurant of your own is not an easy thing to do but is one of the most fulfilling things any entrepreneur and food lover would want to cross off their bucket list. Take the help of this restaurant startup checklist template, that will surely provide you with the needed help in looking out for things that are needed or needed to be done before being able to open up shop. You can also take a look at cleaning service templates for more. From choosing a concept down to your business plans, know the essential elements and other considerations for your intended restaurant business. Try it out now!
Restaurant Pre Opening Checklist Template
For restaurants, every day is a challenge in ensuring an enjoyable and smooth guest experience. Let this above-mentioned checklist template in Word act as a guide to you in every opening of your establishment. Be the vanguard of your restaurant quality and skillfully manage food safety for the establishment. Keep management updated on needed improvements for certain problem areas that have not passed inspection. Track and record amounts of money during opening and closing. Ensure that proper cleaning of the whole establishment has been done in preparation for opening.
Restaurant Side Work Checklist Template
Running a restaurant is not all about preparing Instagram worthy food items. It takes a lot of your thoughts, hard work, and planning that need to be put into action. And making a restaurant side work checklist is one among many. If you are searching for a document that will make your job easier, then we have just the thing for you. Check this checklist template because it has got everything that you have been looking for in a restaurant side work checklist template. Just download, edit and customize as you please. Try it out now!
Start-Up Checklist Template
Restaurant Opening Checklist Form Template
Checklist Start-Up Template
Top 3 Benefits of Using a Checklist:
As a newbie entrepreneur, it is important to avoid committing mistakes as much as possible. That is why you will need to use a checklist to guide you in prioritizing the things to do needed in opening a small restaurant business. In any business field, using effective checklist templates have saved a lot of lives, especially from the stress and hassle brought about the process of starting up a business.
This section aims to discuss the amazing benefits or advantages of using a checklist. Find out about them below:
- Organization – Despite the number of things that need to be done, using a checklist helps us stay organized systematically.
- Motivation – Did you ever experience how forgetting things and disorganization can lose your motivation to finish everything else? Well, the main purpose of using a checklist is to keep you on track. All you need to do is follow everything found on it.
- Productivity – As an entrepreneur, it is important to be productive at the end of the day. And since you will be running around trying to get everything accomplished, a checklist can be a huge help in accomplishing the tasks quickly and efficiently.
Do’s and Don’ts for Restaurant Opening
If you are an entrepreneur who is opening a restaurant, there are a certain set of things that require careful consideration. Whether you are opening a new restaurant or relaunching, it is important to know that the whole process can send you into a roller coaster of emotions, because at last, you will be running a restaurant of your own but it can be quite challenging especially if you are new in the business.
Follow this set of do’s and don’ts, and we will guarantee you a memorable restaurant opening event:
- Maximize your strength or skills: Every business entrepreneur should harness their market planning and public relations skills. These two essential skills are a great ingredient for a successful restaurant business. And since public relations skills can be easily learned, you may need guidance on developing your marketing plans by taking a look at the marketing plan sample.
- Aim for community engagement: In today’s modern technology, the use of social media platforms is extremely beneficial for the success of your business, especially if you are still looking to gather and increase your target market. You can create a page for your restaurant where you can post online brochures to keep your followers in the latest loop of your business.
- Avoid responsibilities: Yes, we understand that you are the leader of the pack. But instead of passing the tasks and responsibilities to your employees, it is smart to move to personally take care of the vital ones and make sure that everything is on the right track and running smoothly. Also, you should spearhead the whole marketing process to ensure that you get to share the right information with your whole team.
- Get cold feet on opening day: We know how restaurant opening can mess up your emotions. That is why as the owner of a new business, it is highly important to keep your cool and be on the top of your game. You will never know how many customers will write reviews on your restaurants.
Basic Restaurant Startup Checklist
Now that we have already discussed the benefits that come with using a checklist and the do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when opening a restaurant. This part should provide you with an example of what to include in your restaurant checklist, so you do not miss the important details.
1) Conduct a Market Research
The first stop on your restaurant startup checklist should be the main market research, where you analyze the market and see what you can do to fit in perfectly. Conduct thorough research on your target market, so you have a clear picture of what to do. A market research template should include the following:
- Defining your restaurant concept
- Selecting a good location
- Collecting demographics on the potential customers in the area and their profile
You can also use the following examples as your reference in drafting your market research:
2) Write a Business Plan
You will need to write a business plan if you are looking for an investor to fund your business. Despite having enough resources to start up a restaurant, having an investor for your business can help reduce the cost and boost profitability. You can also check out restaurant business plan templates if needed. Check the following business plan template given below:
3) Determine Financial Projection
Writing an overview of the financial projection of your business can provide a clear understanding of the financial situation of your business in the first couple of months, as well as your full profit potential. Feel free to download our sample financial projection templates and use them as your reference.
4) Decide on Your Menu Plan
The core of every restaurant business is the food it serves to its customers. It is smart to start with general ideas and choose carefully the potential list of menu to be served in your restaurant. You should always base your decisions on your market analysis. Take a look at our amazing restaurant menu templates or use the templates below as your reference:
5) Obtain Permits and Licenses
Every entrepreneur needs to acquire proper legal documents, such as permits and licenses, to open and operate a business. And while there can be a lot of legal documents you need to obtain, including them on your checklist makes sure that everything is addressed.
6) Set Up the Business
When we say setting up the business, it does not only refer to setting up the restaurant. You will need to accomplish the following:
- Insurance policy
- Hire a bookkeeper for tax purposes
- POS system
- Business bank account, merchant account, and credit card
- Phone and internet connection
- Employee uniform
- Linen service
7) Focus on Hiring and Training
You should always consider that your employees are one of the integral resources in your business. Hiring and training them before you open your restaurant is key to a smooth business operation.
8) Market Your Products
Your customers are the lifeblood of your business that is why it is important to attract as many as possible. Before opening your restaurant, you should already have a solid marketing strategy to keep your customers up and about. Try collecting their email addresses and send them regular updates on the latest restaurant promos and discounts.
In this article, we will not only provide you a rundown on the basic startup restaurant checklist to guide you and make the process of opening a restaurant business less stressful, but we will also provide you with the benefits of using a checklist in Pages and do’s and don’ts for starting a new restaurant. What’s even better is that we also provide a few templates you can use to attract new customers to your restaurant opening.
All you would have to do would be to download any of the templates you wish from above, edit and customize it to suit your needs and requirements as needed. Since they are also available in many file formats, it would be easier for you to choose the format that matches your ideas most appropriately. There are many checklist templates in Excel available as well. Check them out too!