8+ Itinerary Templates in Excel
For those of you who intend to travel, it is very important that you are able to come up with a plan. This plan should be able to tell you everything from where it is that you have to go, what it is that you have to do, and when you have to do them.
The one thing that can help out with that is an itinerary as it should be able to contain all of the information you need. This article is going to teach you everything that you need to know in order for you to be able to properly make one.
Elements of an Itinerary
When you are required to make an itinerary for an upcoming trick, then it is important for you to learn about the basic elements. Knowing what they are will help guarantee that you are able to include them in whatever itinerary you decide to create. Also, they’re very much needed so that the itinerary is able to help people keep track of their trip schedule.
So knowing that here are the basic elements that just about every itinerary is going to need:
1. Names: Every itinerary will contain one name or more. This is to show who exactly is a part of whatever trip is being covered by the document. You have to make sure to include all of the names of those that are participating. Also, be sure to put in everyone’s first name, last name, and middle initial as that can help you in keeping track of them.
2. Date and Time: No matter what kind of itinerary you end up making, you must never forget to include both the date and time. These two pieces of information will tell you exactly when something has to be done as well as when people need to be at a certain location. Make sure to include the month, day, and year when typing in the date; Also, make sure to put in the exact hour and minute when typing in the time.
3. Destination Details: When it comes to traveling, you’ll most likely be visiting numerous locations. Some will be for important reasons while others simply for leisure. In any case, you have to provide the details of the places where everyone has to go. This means that you are going to have to include things such as the address and descriptions of these locations.
4. Amount Spent: Certain people who are a part of a trip may not be able to travel to all of the of locations as opposed to that that can. This could be because of them spending an amount lower than the rest. To know who can do what or go where then the itinerary will need to point out the amount that these people have spent.
8+ Samples of Itinerary in Excel
Travel Itinerary Spreadsheet
International Business Travel Itinerary
Professional Business Travel Itinerary
Business Travel Itinerary Planner
Business Travel Itinerary Example
Business Travel Itinerary Checklist
Business Travel Itinerary Document
Business Travel Itinerary Format
How to Make an Itinerary in Excel
Now that you know the contents of an itinerary, the next step is for you to know how to make one. Although knowing what should be inside of one is definitely important, it’s also just as important to learn how you should go about in implementing them into the document. That way, you can guarantee that whatever itinerary you decide to make is able to serve its purpose.
So with that in mind, here are the steps that will allow you to come up with any good itinerary template:
1. Use an Excel Program: If you’re going to make an itinerary in Excel, then you will obviously be making use of an Excel program to help you create one. Although you do have a ton of options that you can go for, the most common one being used to day happens to be Microsoft Excel. This is due to the fact that the program has been accepted as the standard when it comes to making documents in the Excel format, as well as it being relatively easy to use.
So since Microsoft Excel happens to be the most popular, we’ll be focusing on that when it comes to the steps. So make sure that you are able to do the following:
- 1. Open up Excel.
- 2. Click on the “File” tab and select “New”.
- 3. Choose if you would like to start with a New sheet or if you would like to make use of a template.
- 4. Proceed to fill up the rows and columns with whatever information you want to put in it.
As you can see, the process of making one via Microsoft Excel is rather short and simple. If you like, you can also use the same process to create other documents other than just itineraries as well.
2. Put in the Information the Itinerary Needs: Should you decide not to make use of a template and start making the itinerary from scratch, then you are going to have to make sure that you are able to include all of the necessary information. Be sure that you are able to do the following:
- Know who exactly is going to be a part of the trip: If you want to make sure that your itinerary is able to cover everyone’s plans, then it’s your responsibility to ensure that names of those that are involved in the trip are rightfully placed into the document. Again, be sure to include their first names, last names, and middle initials so that you’ll have an easy time keeping track of everyone.
- Understand the schedule: If you want to be able to come up with a proper plan, then that just means you must know the schedule of everything that has to be done. This will help ensure that you are able to put everything that everyone involved in the trip would want to learn about into the itinerary.
- Provide the necessary details: If you want to make sure that the itinerary is easy to understand, then you are going to have to provide all of the details. This includes everything from the descriptions of the activities that should be done, the time in which they should be done, and the location of where they need to happen.
Tips for Making an Itinerary
- Always stay ahead of everything: If you want to make an effective itinerary, then you are going to have to come up with a plan well ahead of time. What this means if those weeks or even months before the trip, you have considered all of the options in regards to what has to happen, where everyone needs to go, and what day and time everyone needs to be there. Keeping all of that in mind will definitely help you out for when you have to make an itinerary.
- Check for any mistakes you have to fix: You do not want issues such as people ending up in the wrong place or forgetting to write someone’s name into the plan. So to prevent any of that from happening, it’s best that you do a thorough check on the contents of your itinerary. It’s best that you go through the document at least twice so that you are able to immediately make any corrections that you think are necessary.
Types of Itineraries
Next is that you are going to learn about the different types of itineraries that you can make. There are many different types and that each of them has their own specific purpose in regards to helping with trip planning. Knowing their purposes should give you an idea as to which one you should make. So here are a few examples:
- Executive Travel Itinerary
- Trip Itinerary
- Vacation Itinerary
- Business Travel Itinerary
- International Trip Itinerary
- Professional Business Trip Itinerary
- Road Trip Itinerary
- Holiday Trip Itinerary
If you would like to learn more about the other types of itineraries that you can make, then you simply need to go through our site until you are able to get all of the information that you need.
Is It Better to Make Use of Physical or Digital Copies of Itineraries?
It is always best that the people who are involved in the trip have both a physical and digital copy. Although a digital copy is always the safest way of ensuring that they are able to access the itinerary, you will never know when a situation might come up where a physical copy will come in very handy.
How Can I Easily Make One?
The only thing that you have to do is to make use of any kind of itinerary template. Just open it with the program that allows you to do so and make all of the necessary changes that you want. If you like, you can use the ones available in this article.
Although making an itinerary may not be difficult, you still have to make sure that you are able to make it well. So take full advantage of all the information presented in this article to ensure that you are able to come up with a proper itinerary.