18+ Itinerary Templates – DOC, Pages, Google Docs, PDF
With our busy schedules on top of already demanding jobs and fast-paced lives that make it hard for breathing in between the working hours and trying to catch up with family and friends, we can all use a much-needed break.
Table of Content
- Elements of a Good Itinerary
- 18 Itinerary Templates
- Business Itinerary Template
- Wedding Itinerary Template
- Vacation Itinerary Template
- Party Itinerary Template
- Flight Itinerary Template
- Daily Itinerary Template
- Business Trip Itinerary Template
- Birthday Itinerary Template
- Steps to Create an Itinerary
- Types of Itinerary Templates
- Itinerary Sizes
Whether you\\’re on a business trip with a day or two to yourself for sightseeing, or on a holiday you have long planned for, a simple itinerary is an important part of keeping to your schedule, staying organized and maximizing that hard-to-come-by vacation time.
Elements of a Good Itinerary
If you are in the tourism industry or to be more specific, working in a travel agency, as a professional, you should learn what travelers look for when they visit a place and book an accommodation. An itinerary is one of your major selling points which means you should make it stand out by making use of the following:
- Tour Program. Often considered as the main element of an itinerary, a tour program is made up of different activities for the tourists, with details usually included in travel or tour package brochures being advertised by hotels and resorts around the world.
- Timetable. This is usually what follows after the tour program since it details the schedule of the tour program\\’s activities. A tourist refers to the timetable for checking when to do what on their holiday or during their stay. Your tour program should, therefore, be supported by a timetable.
- Destination. The destinations are the places to be visited, which is included in a tour package. If you\\’re the backpacker type of traveler, you can research the country or place you\\’re setting up to visit and list down the places, tourist attractions or destinations you don\\’t want to miss.
18 Itinerary Templates
Business Itinerary Template
Wedding Itinerary Template
Vacation Itinerary Template
Party Itinerary Template
Flight Itinerary Template
Daily Itinerary Template
Business Trip Itinerary Template
Birthday Itinerary Template
Simple Business Travel Itinerary
Road Trip Itinerary Template
Holiday Itinerary Template
Free Blank Travel Itinerary
Business Trip Itinerary
Vacation Itinerary Templates
Free Trip Itinerary Template
Sample Travel Itinerary
Steps to Create an Itinerary
Some people say that traveling without a plan other than securing the round-trip ticket is the best way to travel. However, even for the most adventurous tourists, being a little organized could still make a lot of difference to ensure that you enjoy every minute of your trip:
- Gather the important details of your trip. Make sure you have your flight number secured, including information about reservations for car rentals and accommodation. Get directions from the airport to your hotel and the car rental service you booked.
- Make a list. The best way to do this is to research the stops you want to make, the local events, festivals or observances of the place where you\\’re headed. It\\’s very helpful to have a list of things you want to do during your trip, even if it may seem too much to manage. You can edit the list as needed, later on.
- Map your stops. You\\’ll save a lot of time if you plan your stops according to their locations on a map. Since you will also most likely be making stops from adjacent locations, try knowing where the closest train stations or bus stops are, if you\\’re not traveling around by car.
- Come up with a budget. Do you want a trip spent in luxury or are you traveling on a backpacker\\’s simple budget? Are you an adrenaline seeker wanting the most daring but expensive experience the place can offer? It\\’s really up to you and down to what you can afford.
Simple Tips for an Excellent Itinerary Layout
According to recent data, 52% of working Americans didn\\’t use their vacation leave last year. Although that figure still makes up more than half of the working population who doesn\\’t take advantage of holidays available to them, it\\’s an improvement compared to the past years\\’ drastic numbers. To make the most out of-of your holiday, here are things to consider in an itinerary layout:
- Mind the Schedule. You can wander around in one place if you prefer, but be careful not to take all of your time in a day, if you have listed or thought about other places you want to see or things you want to experience, such as going to famous pubs, taking part in the town or city\\’s night scene, and so much more.
- Go Online. There\\’s plenty of online tools such as travel itinerary templates that can allow you to put together an itinerary that would work just fine.
- Be Realistic. For instance, you cannot squeeze in all the available activities in a Hawaiian escapade since there would be so much to choose from, and choose you should. It\\’s important to be realistic in creating a well-planned itinerary.
Types of Itinerary Templates
A tourist would follow an itinerary whether or not it\\’s customized or arranged by a travel agency and are divided into three types:
- Tourist Itinerary. A route arranged for or by the tourist that includes visits to different places of cultural or historical interest as well as natural attractions. This type of itinerary is usually designed by tour agencies and organizations or by the tourists themselves for educational, health, cultural and to some extent, personal purposes.
- Tour\\’s (Agency or Organization) Itinerary. This will have all the information on the booked tour\\’s itinerary, however, it will also have the smallest but important details such as travel arrangements, flight schedules, contact name, agreement and other formalities related with the tour.
- Tour Escort’s Itinerary. A detailed itinerary with a step-by-step guide of the tour including the travel duration, types of transportation, accommodation or reservation details, stops, tickets required, a checklist of what to pack, important contact information, etc.
Aside from the ones given, there are other types of service-specific itineraries, but if you feel like you\\’ll do just fine designing your own, go right ahead.
As a standard, itineraries are created as documents which are available in A4 and US paper sizes. You can also edit, keep a copy, print, and personalize them in 3-4 (MS Excel, Numbers, MS Word, and Pages) different formats from template.net.
What Should Be Included in An Itinerary?
Essentially, the basics of an itinerary are:
- Airline tickets
- Hotel reservations
- Rental car confirmations
- Restaurant reservations
- Outline of your stops/destinations
Why Is An Itinerary Important?
Travel plans don\\’t stop at choosing your destination, booking your flight tickets and making hotel reservations. An itinerary helps you stay on track especially when you want to maximize your time for a certain stop you\\’re making or for the whole trip itself. I also allow you prioritize activities you don\\’t want to miss and go at your own pace.
How can I plan the perfect trip?
Newsflash. You can\\’t. To make the most out of your trip, you just have to make room for flexibility. Don\\’t begrudge yourself a day or two for downtime and relaxing. You\\’ll probably find a good use for this free day to explore or rest and recharge. Treat your itinerary as a guide to keep you on track while you\\’re on the trip. Having it doesn\\’t mean you have to pressure yourself to follow everything religiously. Besides, it won\\’t be the end of the world if you miss a stop or two.
Much has been said about the best-laid plans, but having one will save you all kinds of trouble when you\\’re on a trip, especially if it\\’s for business and you\\’re just trying to squeeze in a day or two for yourself.
Here at Template.net, we provide a variety of professional documents expertly designed by our team which you can also customize according to purpose. Template.net makes sure customers have resources they can easily access to plan efficiently whether it\\’s for business or for personal use.