An itinerary is used to precisely schedule the things that will happen within a time duration. Itineraries are mostly beneficial for traveling purposes, may it be related to business, leisure, or personal reasons. If you want to take control of the things that you will do in different locations, we suggest you organize trips using an itinerary.
A travel itinerary template can be very helpful in ensuring that you are aware of the things that need to be done in specific time periods. This will allow you to schedule accurately depending on the things that you want to achieve. We have collected a number of itinerary format templates in this post so you will be guided in creating this document.
Travel Itinerary Format Templates
Simple Travel Itinerary Template
Simple Business Travel Itinerary Template
Executive Travel Itinerary Template
Travel Itinerary Form
Tour Itinerary Templates
Small Business Tour
Create an Effective Itinerary
Any blank itinerary template can be very helpful if it will be properly formatted. More so, it should also have a content that is achievable, time-bound and realistic. The steps that you follow in creating a well-curated itinerary are as follows:
- Select the location where your itinerary will be used. This will be the first variable that can affect all your decisions during the trip that you want to have.
- Familiarize the location that you want to visit or to explore through intensive research. Look for the activities that can be done in the location, the modes of transportation available, and the kind of environment that you may expect.
- Be specific with your purpose. Make sure that your itinerary will list down the reason why you need to travel and why particular plans has to be made.
- Identify the dates of your travel. This includes the entire duration of your travel and the specific travel dates that you need to be aware of.
- Plot all the activities that you need to do in the specific dates of your travel. Your travel itinerary template should include your hotel, transportation and other activity bookings.
Road Trip Itinerary Template
How to Plan a Business Itinerary
Itinerary used in traveling is not solely used for the purpose of leisure. There are a variety of itineraries that are used in business processes. A business itinerary can be created due to any of the following reasons:
- Business meetings
- Corporate conventions
- Client calls
- Professional gatherings
- Investors’ discussion
- New market penetration
- Market research and / or study
If you want to create a trip itinerary for business purposes, here are a few suggestions that you may follow so you can plan the creation of the document accordingly:
- Know the purpose of the business itinerary.
- Be aware of the important information about the business transaction where the itinerary will be used, which includes:
- The number of employees that will travel
- The entire duration of the travel
- The location where the employees will go
- The travel needs of the employees like transportation, hotel bookings, food allowances and any other fees necessary to be paid
- The amount of money that the business has allocated for the entirety of the travel
- Properly plot an itinerary based on the business schedule that is needed to be followed.
- Assure that all initial bookings that are needed to be paid has already been settled before putting them in the business itinerary document.
One Day Event
Guidelines in Implementing the Content of an Itinerary
Creating an effective itinerary is one thing. Being able to stick with it during the entire trip is another. A few suggestions that can help you in implementing the itinerary details are as follows:
- Make sure that you will familiarize yourself with all the details and the elements of the trip so the execution of these items will be easier. As an example, your vacation itinerary should be informative, precise, and doable.
- Be prepared with the factors that can affect the itinerary like weather conditions and other occurrences. This will help you to have another plan in mind. A wedding itinerary is one of those itinerary documents that should always be considered carefully, especially if the wedding is an outdoor or a destination one.
- Provide an itinerary structure that is easy to understand and follow. More so, make the itinerary as simple as possible.
- Properly plan the entire document based on your travel needs and the purpose why you need to go to a particular destination.
- Make sure that all the information and materials needed for the trip are plotted, arranged, and on hand.
- Be aware of the timeline that you have set so you can easily implement it in specific duration and locations.
Steps in Creating an Itinerary Format
The format of an itinerary will solely base on your planning and travel needs. The steps that you may follow in creating an itinerary format include these items:
- Create the itinerary structure depending on the length of the travel dates. Start from the date of departure from the original destination up to the expected date of return.
- Precisely plot schedules on a daily basis. Micro-managing the activities in an itinerary will be very helpful in ensuring higher chances of sticking with it.
- If possible, leave a few spaces in the itinerary format to write contingency plans, notes, and some adjustments that are needed to be done once the itinerary is already used for implementation
Kinds of Itineraries
There are various itineraries that are used in different purposes. Some samples of itineraries include the following:
- A meeting itinerary is commonly used by corporate entities to schedule all the things that will be talked about during a particular meeting.
- A vacation itinerary can be used by individuals, groups, companies, and any other entities who would like to travel according to the plan that they will initially create.
- A business itinerary is created by businesses to assure that the employees who will use the itinerary document are well guided with the things that will occur during a particular business trip.
No matter what kind of itinerary it is that you will use, make sure to consider the items that are mentioned in this post for the creation of the document. Do not waste the time and effort that has been used in creating the itinerary by religiously following the itinerary content.