In the field of information technology, the more technically-skilled applicants get to acquire the job position they desire during the application process. Whether you are an entry level applicant or a seasoned professional, you need to make sure that your technical skills, along side your professional work experiences are relevant to the job position that you are aspiring to be considered for in the IT industry.
One thing that can help you stand out from your competitors is the usage of a well-curated and organized professional information technology resume. To help you create an impressive and attention-worthy resume, we have gathered downloadable samples of IT resume templates in this article to serve as your references.
IT Administrator Resume
Senior IT Administrator
IT Project Administrator
IT Network Administrator
IT Business Analyst Resume
IT Business System Analyst
IT Director Resume
Senior IT Director
Entry Level Information Technology Resumes
The field of information technology hires new graduates and career shifters who can provide the work processes that are essential for the continuous operations of businesses where the benefits of information technology is applied.
Some of the work positions that you can apply at in the information technology industry if you are an entry level applicant are as follows:
- Entry level web designer
- Entry level web developer
- Information technology department assistant
- IT administrative secretary
- Rank-and-file IT specialist
A few tips that you may follow when creating resume examples as an entry level IT applicant include the following:
- You can use a functional resume type so you can highlight your skills needed in the IT industry. This can fill up your lack of professional experiences.
- It will be best if you will read or browse through different resumes used by fresh graduates when applying in the industry. This will give you more idea on how you can make an IT resume that will allow you to stand out.
- Know how to properly place and discuss your credentials in the IT resume format that you will make to create a bigger impact for your prospective employers.
- Limit the length of the professional profile that you are curating. Gone were the days when long resumes is equated to be informational. Since you are still new in the industry, you need to make sure that your listing is precise and accurate. No matter whether it is short in terms of content, what is important is that it can showcase everything that can help you get a callback for an interview.
- Make sure that you will format your resume accordingly. The way that you organize the items present in your professional IT resume can actually affect how employers perceive you as a candidate.
IT Developer Resume
Senior Software Developer
Senior Web Developer
Freelance Software Developer
IT Executive Resume
IT Account Executive
Senior IT Executive
IT Engineer Resume
Junior System Engineer
IT Network Engineer
IT Manager Resume
Senior IT Manager Resume
Assistant IT Manager
IT Program Manager
Kinds of Professional IT Resumes
Professional information technology resumes are curated depending on the job position that an individual would like to be hired for. Targeted resumes are commonly created as there are specific requirements and qualifications that should be met by applicants for them to be considered for a job post open for employment.
Some samples of professional IT resumes are as follows:
- An information technology software trainer resume is created to assure that an individual can showcase his/her expertise in terms of developing software training curriculum to help employees be more knowledgeable of the things that they need to know in terms of particular software usage, maintenance, and development.
- IT project manager resumes are specifically curated to let applicants identify the specific information technology projects that they have already handled and how their ability to do so can help in the processes and project undertakings of the company where they are applying.
- Network systems manager resumes use IT resume templates to give highlight to the ability of a managerial candidate to handle and work with a team while ensuring that the company’s computer network is well-utilized and maintained.
- Software specialist resumes are the resumes that allow a software specialist to showcase his/her expertise in software testing and assessment. The resume of these applicants should be able to provide a detailed list of the methods, processes, and procedures that an individual can implement for software development and quality assurance reasons.
- Client server technician resumes are focused on providing information about an applicant’s ability to diagnose technical problems and execute troubleshooting processes to solve a particular problem.
- A software engineer resume is the professional profile used by candidates who would like to immerse themselves in the processes of computer program and app development. These resumes should present the ability of applicants to create systems that can control networks.
IT Networking Resume
Entry-Level IT Networking Resume
IT Project Manager Resume
Sample IT Project Manager
Assistant IT Project Manager Resume
IT Technical Project Manager
Entry-Level IT Resume
Sample Entry-Level IT Resume
Areas of Expertise in an IT Resume
Your professional IT resume should give information about the skills that you can bring to the table. This will let employers identify you as an additional value to their operations if they will decide to hire you. Your areas of expertise will also help you to be categorized as a possible candidate for employment for a specific work post where your qualifications are highly usable.
Some of the areas of expertise that you can mention in even a simple IT resume are as follows:
- Your knowledge about software testing and troubleshooting
- Your ability to promote professional vendor relations
- Your ability to provide assistance in project management and systems administration
- Your expertise on strategic planning, information technology resource allocation and data back-up and recovery
- Your ability to create strategies especially in terms of resource allocation and business continuity which are both essential in the processes within the field of information technology.
Guidelines in Creating an Information Technology Resume
Some of the tips, advice and guidelines that you may follow in making an IT resume are listed below.
- State the programming languages that you are aware of so you can give an idea that you are well aware of the possible functions that will be given to you should you be hired for the job position that you are targeting.
- Your IT resumes should be able to showcase your performance in terms of executing projects. Since the field of information technology is highly technical and results driven, you need to make sure that you can reflect your expertise in the professional profile that you will create.
- Use terms that are used in the field of information technology especially those that are related to the work post that you are applying for. Your areas of expertise should be fully highlighted in the resume format that you will apply in your professional profile.
These guidelines will be very helpful to assure that you can give light to your strengths so that more employers can see you as a potential employee.